05/07/2023 2:15pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs St. Louis Cardinals

casimir

11 minutes ago, Crazy Cat Gentleman said:

can we use the DH for Schoop instead of for the pitcher?

I keep wondering how many AB they are going to give him before pulling the plug. He hasn't even given us a tease of there still being anything there. Doesn't have a HR, hasn't even had a two hit game.

Edited by gehringer_2

well, I suppose it was a less bad outing that any of Turnbull's. The D give up the one run, so basicall 4 2/3 with two HR to Goldschmidt. Faedo needs to find another MPH or so somewhere. Supposedly by going back to his old lower arm angle it freed up his mechanics and he's picked up a little velo, but not back to where he was college.

1 minute ago, Jim Cowan said:

Did about as well as you could reasonably expect.

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

well, I suppose it was a less bad outing that any of Turnbull's. The D give up the one run, so basicall 4 2/3 with two HR to Goldschmidt. Faedo needs to find another MPH or so somewhere. Supposedly by going back to his old lower arm angle it freed up his mechanics and he's picked up a little velo, but not back to where he was college.

Faedo probably about as good as could be expected.  Defense with a let down inning.  They’re still in it, but the offense needs to show up.

Alexander eating most of the rest of this game would be great.  An almost completely available bullpen to start the Cleveland series with a day off after that would be very beneficial.