05/07/2023 2:15pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs St. Louis Cardinals

casimir

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

Yeah - Tork is capable of making that play, but OTOH, I don't think many scorers would charge an error on any catch attempt made with the fielder running with his back to the field. Those are beyond 'ordinary effort' almost by definition.

Was that play in the 6th? 

For some reason I thought it happened in an earlier inning

25 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

The Tigers suck, they'll be lucky to win 50 games. Trade away your BP and watch the team implode. Our manager is an idiot. Al Avila should be thrown in jail. Our players are worse than a AAA team. There's no hope for anything, ever.

OK, now I feel better. 🤣🤣

It's tough holding it in during a winning streak.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Today is a reminder that, even if they may be a little better than some thought, this team still has a ways to go to being good...

With that in mind, they just need to use that inning as a learning moment and just build off of it to make sure it doesn't happen again 

Yes, it needs to be a learning moment.  It was embarrassing, the self inflicted wounds to get themselves into a deficit and then into a deeper deficit after pulling ahead.  I don't know if anyone can explain it, it just seemed to permeate from player to player today.

But on the bright side, they have not been smacked around like this in a while.  The last time they lost by more than a grand slam was in Toronto on April 11.  I think its fair to say this team has played differently for the better part of a month than they did the first few series.  In fact, since the 2-9 start, they are 13-9.

I don't think anyone has any preconceived notions of this being a better than .500 team.  We know they just aren't stacked up to be that this season.  We know they had a tough opening schedule to deal with.  And while we cannot make sense of taking 2 of 3 at Houston, 2 of 3 at Milwaukee, 2 of 3 at St. Louis, 2 of 3 at home vs personal bully Cleveland, sweep the $600 million New York Mets, and try to square that against being swept at home by Boston and looking absolutely feeble against Tampa and Baltimore, the totality of the season thus far is encouraging despite the egg they laid today.

1 hour ago, holygoat said:

Cleveland beat the Twins so the Tigers fall to 3rd place by a half-game, but remain 3 games back of the 1st place Twins.

So what you're saying is they could be tied for 1th place this week?

Drink.