07/05/2023 6:40 pm EDT Oakland Athletics vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

1 minute ago, Dtrain72 said:

The current Mudhens could very well win 2 out 3 (if not outright sweep) against this Tigers roster...that shouldnt that tell Harris something?

I doubt the current Mudhens could have split a 4-game road series with the Texas Rangers. Then again the current Mudhens, with Greene and Baddoo, probably would have eked out a run or two over the last 15 innings against the A's. 

7 minutes ago, SeattleMike said:

I doubt the current Mudhens could have split a 4-game road series with the Texas Rangers. Then again the current Mudhens, with Greene and Baddoo, probably would have eked out a run or two over the last 15 innings against the A's. 

Okay, it's a push then...not great.  And I'd take this Tigers roster with Greene, Baddo, Meadows, and Keith all added to it and subtract any combo of 4 of the current Tigers hitters short of maybe Veirling, Carpenter, and McKinstry.

Edited by Dtrain72

Just now, Tigermojo said:

Split with Texas, lose their focus and don't take Oakland seriously. Now they are caught with their pants down. Doorknobs.

They're just not as bad as last year. But expecting linear progress isn't realistic with this offense. spacer.png

Who were those two posters back in the old days who posted something negative every five seconds?  Cats Meow and can't remember the other name (the guy that told Bert to **** off)? **** that was almost 20 years ago.  I've been here too long.    

Edited by Tiger337

4 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Who were those two posters back in the old days who posted something negative every five seconds?  Cats Meow and can't remember the other name (the guy that told Bert to **** off)? **** that was almost 20 years ago.  I've been here too long.    

Yeah, and you even had to live through this:

Screenshot_20230610_151236_Chrome.jpg

6 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

And people want to rush even more minor leaguers up here. We finished the rebuild last season and then fired our GM. Now it's time for our new GM to rebuild. Another 3 to 6 years of losing....

I’m not going to assume another 3 to 6 years of losing.  I’m going to wait and see how Harris operates.  I don’t think last season is necessarily indicative of what to expect.  Maybe it turns out to be so, but I want to wait and see how things go.

I think Harris will lean into heavy run prevention with his initial team build. They will invest in pitching and toolsy guys who can defend. Power and slugging will come from internal development. And their system is bad. 

4 minutes ago, kdog said:

I think Harris will lean into heavy run prevention with his initial team build. They will invest in pitching and toolsy guys who can defend. Power and slugging will come from internal development. And their system is bad. 

So we can expect to maybe put up runs by the time Harvy comes off the books?