07/05/2023 6:40 pm EDT Oakland Athletics vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

4 hours ago, Adullin said:

Missed last nights game. Words can't convey anger level. The most anti clutch team this year.  

Apparently it's beyond the pail to get angry over last nights ass loss to the allegede worst team in baseball who only got two hits in 10 innings and havent shut anybody out all season so far, because this is a rebuilding team...so who cares if the division is ass and the team has a shot to win it and get in the playoffs🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, Adullin said:

Missed last nights game. Words can't convey anger level. The most anti clutch team this year.  

I’ll be honest, seeing Torkelson flail in a couple of key plate appearances really, really discouraged me.  I’ve been pretty patient with him, I don’t think he’s deserving of all of the guff that he receives given his lack of minor league time.  I suspect now he was rushed up too quickly.  But, geez, he looked overmatched last night late in the game.  Striking out on that inside pitch was just awful.

1 hour ago, casimir said:

I’ll be honest, seeing Torkelson flail in a couple of key plate appearances really, really discouraged me.  I’ve been pretty patient with him, I don’t think he’s deserving of all of the guff that he receives given his lack of minor league time.  I suspect now he was rushed up too quickly.  But, geez, he looked overmatched last night late in the game.  Striking out on that inside pitch was just awful.

The only thing you can say in defense of the hitters on both team is that Miller's K zone was big for both teams.

5 hours ago, casimir said:

And people want to rush even more minor leaguers up here. We finished the rebuild last season and then fired our GM. Now it's time for our new GM to rebuild. Another 3 to 6 years of losing....

Because it is inexcusable to have a guy hit from the same side of the batter's box as the pitcher throws.  Why would you want someone who might be on the team for the next few years to get some at bats in that situation?

Gotta have the platoon because Hinch is the smartest guy in the room.

3 minutes ago, tiger2022 said:

Because it is inexcusable to have a guy hit from the same side of the batter's box as the pitcher throws.  Why would you want someone who might be on the team for the next few years to get some at bats in that situation?

Gotta have the platoon because Hinch is the smartest guy in the room.

Hinch was really feeling himself during the 971 interview. He loves all the late game pinch hitting. It’s a bit of a make work but he can show his genius.