07/05/2023 6:40 pm EDT Oakland Athletics vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Not watching..............are fans letting them hear it?   I hope so. 

Hope so...but Harris prob wont hear it, he's busy in the locker room watching Maton amd Haase post-homerun dugout hockey wrist shot reruns...

1 minute ago, Dtrain72 said:

Hope so...but Harris prob wont hear it, he's busy in the locker room watching Maton amd Haase post-homerun dugout hockey wrist shot reruns...

What did you want Harris to do in year #1 exactly?           This is still the team that Avila built.    I know this hurts to hear but you need to give Harris at least 3 years, maybe even 4, to determine if he's the right guy.     Even if he absolutely knocks it out of the park with this year's draft we won't know it until 2026/27.    

Next offseason will be very telling.    E-Rod won't be here,  Miggy will be retired and Schoop won't be resigned.   That's $53 million off the books and I hope Baez bolts too, and that would be about 75-78 million off the books.  That's a clean slate right there.   Will Chris spend anything?   He'll have to overpay to come to this city and terrible team,  is he willing?   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

What did you want Harris to do in year #1 exactly?           This is still the team that Avila built.    I know this hurts to hear but you need to give Harris at least 3 years, maybe even 4, to determine if he's the right guy.     Even if he absolutely knocks it out of the park with this year's draft we won't know it until 2026/27.    

You're right...I'm just beyond frustrated with this team/org.  I'd actually just like some frank honesty from Harris or AJ, or someone in the org and just tell us this team is ass and it's unacceptable...lots of smoke blowing up our asses, passive agressive comments, and smiles for miles (ie, Harris during his in game interview tonight, all smiles n slap n tickle, as his team is literally getting lit up in front of him, at home, against the worst team in baseball...at least show some damn irritation man, some fire there, something!)...and it's also going to take me awhile to get over Chris's "the rebuils is 100% over!" statement just last April of 2022.  It all is just so insulting to the fans imo.

Edited by Dtrain72

41 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Who were those two posters back in the old days who posted something negative every five seconds?  Cats Meow and can't remember the other name (the guy that told Bert to **** off)? **** that was almost 20 years ago.  I've been here too long.    

The other guy was tigersrok. 

You don't tell Bert to **** off.  

Edited by Tiger337
  • Like 1

This Oakland series sure has been a dud. Skubal and Erod back is nice but s*** losing 1-0 and then blown out ? Looks like we will be moving everyone that brings back a "decent" offer and tank out the season....deja Vu all over again. But I do believe in Scot Harris and this was his mulligan year and he sure is taking it and truthfully it probably is the best coarse of action for 24/25. Hope he trades and drafts really well. Moment of Truth.

1 minute ago, Dtrain72 said:

Yeah, but as a Tigers fan, that's gotta be towards the top of all time worst Tigers things said...👊

Most of what management says is BS.  Same as it ever was.  I am more interested in how the players perform.  The Randy Smith era felt more hopeless than this one.  

33 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

You're right...I'm just beyond frustrated with this team/org.  I'd actually just like some frank honesty from Harris or AJ, or someone in the org and just tell us this team is ass and it's unacceptable...lots of smoke blowing up our asses, passive agressive comments, and smiles for miles (ie, Harris during his in game interview tonight, all smiles n slap n tickle, as his team is literally getting lit up in front of him, at home, against the worst team in baseball...at least show some damn irritation man, some fire there, something!)...and it's also going to take me awhile to get over Chris's "the rebuils is 100% over!" statement just last April of 2022.  It all is just so insulting to the fans imo.

I think The worst part from me is the Media trying to act like this is a good team especially the clown show on Ballys

49 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Next offseason will be very telling.    E-Rod won't be here,  Miggy will be retired and Schoop won't be resigned.   That's $53 million off the books and I hope Baez bolts too, and that would be about 75-78 million off the books.  That's a clean slate right there.   Will Chris spend anything?   He'll have to overpay to come to this city and terrible team,  is he willing?   

What is Harris' bonus for keeping next year's payroll under $100m?

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Regarding the "call 'em up" feeding frenzy on social media, amplified no doubt by their ****ty play in this current series, Riley and Spencer (particularly Spencer) seem like good counterpoints to me... they were called up too early, and I think that has played a role in their struggles. 

Even aside from whether they are truly ready for the jump, I really worry that this feeding frenzy and expectation that the fanbase is putting onto Colt Keith or JH Malloy or Parker Meadows to be saviors is counterproductive.

2 hours ago, Dtrain72 said:

Yeah, but as a Tigers fan, that's gotta be towards the top of all time worst Tigers things said...🤷‍♂️

you must be young.  sparky anderson said ten things more ridiculous every spring training.

lest we forget chris pittaro, the greatest second baseman who ever lived.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, buddha said:

you must be young.  sparky anderson said ten things more ridiculous every spring training.

lest we forget chris pittaro, the greatest second baseman who ever lived.

That was Mike Laga.

Pittaro is the best rookie he has seen in 15 years. 

Carl Willis is the next Rollie Fingers

Barbaro Garbey is another Roberto Clemente