07/23/2023 12:05 pm EDT San Diego Padres vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

Both the MLB app and the Sirius radio feeds are well over a batter behind Gameday, which makes the combination unusually today. It would not shock me to learn that this is a tactical ploy to get people to subscribe to Peacock for the live more-up-to-date feed.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Toddwert said:

Might be far enough away to get the game in…. I’m sure it’ll be a long day at the park if it does rain they’ll try like crazy to get this game in

At the very least, it will allow Faedo an opportunity to go a few more than 2 innings.

24 minutes ago, AZTigersfan said:

Why Cronenworth? I’d much rather have Tork.

Kim and Cronenworth can handle 3B & 2B.  Kim is signed through next season, but arbitration eligible after that for a few more seasons.  Cronenworth is signed longer term, but maxes out at under $13M per season.  This would allow Keith another season in Toledo to work on his game, no need to rush him, get a leadoff hitter into the Detroit lineup, and also extend it deeper down a player.  Both are at or better than league average BB% & SO%, so hitters than can control the strike zone per Harris' mantra.

I have no idea what San Diego would want in return.  They might like to move Cronenworth's contract because it is longer term and they have quite a few of those on the books already.

27 minutes ago, casimir said:

Kim and Cronenworth can handle 3B & 2B.  Kim is signed through next season, but arbitration eligible after that for a few more seasons.  Cronenworth is signed longer term, but maxes out at under $13M per season.  This would allow Keith another season in Toledo to work on his game, no need to rush him, get a leadoff hitter into the Detroit lineup, and also extend it deeper down a player.  Both are at or better than league average BB% & SO%, so hitters than can control the strike zone per Harris' mantra.

I have no idea what San Diego would want in return.  They might like to move Cronenworth's contract because it is longer term and they have quite a few of those on the books already.

I was pinning for Al to sign Kim out of Korea when he was posted. He started slow in the states but is in gear now and killed it in Korea.  I think he will be a free agent after his contract expires.