09/06/2023 7:05pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs New York Yankees

casimir

4 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

Manning's injury in April was to the pinky toe side of his right foot. This time it looked like it hit the heel but it seemed like he thought something was wrong after he threw the ball to first. The first one was multiple tiny fractures and he was out for two months.

yeah he looked pained after the out

11 minutes ago, AZTigersfan said:

Sheesh, I really wish we’d stop making mediocre pitchers look like cy young candidates. 

What do you expect? Six of the guys in today’s lineup have an OPS+ below 90. Another is a rookie heading in that direction. Any semi-competent MLB pitcher can handle a lineup like this. 

Edited by SeattleMike
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SeattleMike said:

What do you expect? Six of the guys in today’s lineup have an OPS+ below 90. Another is a rookie heading in that direction. Any semi-competent MLB pitcher can handle a lineup like this. 

Yes that’s true. I just would like an even mediocre offense but these guys aren’t that. They are a tough team to watch at times with their terrible approaches and abs Hopefully next year we can put more that 2 or 3 acceptable hitters in our lineup. 

8 minutes ago, AZTigersfan said:

Yes that’s true. I just would like an even mediocre offense but these guys aren’t that. They are a tough team to watch at times with their terrible approaches and abs Hopefully next year we can put more that 2 or 3 acceptable hitters in our lineup. 

I don’t know that their approaches stink, with the exception of Baez. They just lack talent. 

Edited by SeattleMike

4 minutes ago, SeattleMike said:

I don’t know that their approaches stink, with the exception of Baez. They just lack talent. 

Talent is one thing for sure but there’s little to no adjustments made. They just go out there and hack. I was encouraged when they took all those walks back and June, but that faded quickly and here we are 15 in a row sat down by this guy.