09/06/2023 7:05pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs New York Yankees

casimir

18 minutes ago, AZTigersfan said:

Talent is one thing for sure but there’s little to no adjustments made. They just go out there and hack. I was encouraged when they took all those walks back and June, but that faded quickly and here we are 15 in a row sat down by this guy.

Most likely, pitchers adjusted to them and the Tigers hitters were talented enough to respond.  

Season starts with a line drive off the foot and ends with a line drive off the foot. Just terrible luck.

The good news is that it isn't his arm and he was pitching great to end the season so atleast his season ended with him pitching well instead of getting rocked for several starts.

I'm still bullish on him going forward but hopefully he will prove me wrong and end up being a mid 3s ERA pitcher going forward.

54 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Season starts with a line drive off the foot and ends with a line drive off the foot. Just terrible luck.

The good news is that it isn't his arm and he was pitching great to end the season so atleast his season ended with him pitching well instead of getting rocked for several starts.

I'm still bullish on him going forward but hopefully he will prove me wrong and end up being a mid 3s ERA pitcher going forward.

As long as there’s no repeat of the Dizzy Dean All-Star Game debacle, there’s reason to believe he could still come back from this. Hopefully he won’t let all this get into his head.