10.27.21 Detroit Red Wings (3-2-1) at Washington Capitals (4-0-2)

watching the replay of the OT, maybe 15 seconds before goal, Larkin and Seider are along the right side boards in the Caps end and the puck is getting away, Seider  - going south, bats the knee high puck out of the air back north over to Larkin, who gains possession and reverses the puck back to center ice which sets up the scoring rush. Just a tiny play, but an example of great vision, reflex, touch, and split second decision making. 

Edited by gehringer_2

6 minutes ago, Shinzaki said:

There were some questions about Raymond's top end speed during his draft year...looked pretty fast to me on that rush in OT

The Caps aren't the youngest team in the league anymore so maybe the Wings had a bit of a team speed advantage in general. Raymond maybe not so much with the straight line speed of an Athanasiou, but he has some quickness to go with what speed he has to where he had been able to elude defenders.

Raymond seems to be able to use his edgework and decision making to make up for his lack of elite straight line speed.  As soon as he saw that he had a step on the Cap  based on his pivot Raymond started booking it up the ice it was beautiful to see.  He also saved a goal with a backcheck earlier in the game, I honestly love what I'm seeing from him all around.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

The Caps aren't the youngest team in the league anymore so maybe the Wings had a bit of a team speed advantage in general. Raymond maybe not so much with the straight line speed of an Athanasiou, but he has some quickness to go with what speed he has to where he had been able to elude defenders.

Anyone know what's up with AA or where he is? I don't see him on the stats sheet for any NHL team. He did sign a 1 year deal with LA last December and put up 23 points in 46 games for the 20-21 season, but then I can't find anything.

Update: I see an "IR" note on a contracts site, and that he may have re-singed with the Kings on a one-year $2.7mm deal (20-21 was $1.2mm)

Edited by lordstanley