Trade idea

Lionbacker714

1 hour ago, djhutch said:

I don't know if you can trade a player on IR .. I know you can't in baseball .. & I wouldn't trade Decker anyways.

Why?  What good is he to this team if he's just not going to play hurt.    Is that finger dangling by tendons or something?  Don't want him back.  Good luck in your future, wherever it is (and I don't mean that because he is from Ohio State anyway, which already makes him dodgy). 

9 minutes ago, buddha said:

no.  

I get saying no on Wilson, but if Mike White keeps playing at a high level you wouldn't consider trading a 3rd or a 3rd+ and roll the dice on him? We'd need to see more than we saw from Matt Flynn back in the day, but if this production keeps up through season's end I think we have enough draft capital to roll the dice. If the Jets are insisting on a 1st or 2nd in return for White, then I'm out, but I'd be in on a 3rd or 3rd+ if this production level sustains.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

38 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I get saying no on Wilson, but if Mike White keeps playing at a high level you wouldn't consider trading a 3rd or a 3rd+ and roll the dice on him? We'd need to see more than we saw from Matt Flynn back in the day, but if this production keeps up through season's end I think we have enough draft capital to roll the dice. If the Jets are insisting on a 1st or 2nd in return for White, then I'm out, but I'd be in on a 3rd or 3rd+ if this production level sustains.

the jets are not going to trade a qb they drafted at #2 for a couple third round picks.

white has played one game.  come on.

19 minutes ago, buddha said:

the jets are not going to trade a qb they drafted at #2 for a couple third round picks.

white has played one game.  come on.

Not Wilson for a 3rd, White. If he keeps this up to season's end, you have to kick the idea around seriously I think. If he is Matt Flynn and turns into a pumpkin after a game or two then of course you don't trade based on one game.

1 hour ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Not Wilson for a 3rd, White. If he keeps this up to season's end, you have to kick the idea around seriously I think. If he is Matt Flynn and turns into a pumpkin after a game or two then of course you don't trade based on one game.

you can find a guy like white in the same place the jets found him: on the waiver wire.

19 minutes ago, buddha said:

you can find a guy like white in the same place the jets found him: on the waiver wire.

How many waiver wire QBs have an 82% completion percentage and go 37-45 with 3 TDs and 2 INTS (one of which was a tipped ball by his receiver) in their debut against a good defense like that? If Mike White keeps up those kinds of numbers and cuts his INT rate down to 1 or fewer a game, he's going to be a commodity on the trade market. Now, if he goes out over the next 2-3-4 games and lays an egg on the field ala Matt Flynn, than this conversation is done and we move on. If he doesn't though, I think Holmes and Co. have to be at least pondering that option.

8 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

How many waiver wire QBs have an 82% completion percentage and go 37-45 with 3 TDs and 2 INTS (one of which was a tipped ball by his receiver) in their debut against a good defense like that? If Mike White keeps up those kinds of numbers and cuts his INT rate down to 1 or fewer a game, he's going to be a commodity on the trade market. Now, if he goes out over the next 2-3-4 games and lays an egg on the field ala Matt Flynn, than this conversation is done and we move on. If he doesn't though, I think Holmes and Co. have to be at least pondering that option.

he wont.  so dont worry about it.

and you keep answering your own question by bringing up matt flynn.

Virtually any NFL qb is capable of having a great game on any given week, if you're a qb on an nfl roster that means that you are like one of the 75 best at what you do in the entire world so even the bad ones have enough talent to look good one week. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

Mike White was a fun conversation.  He hurt his arm on the second drive of the game and is currently out.

He was replaced by Josh Johnson.  Remember him?  There was talk that Johnson was better than Stafford all those years ago.

Edited by sagnam