Fiscal Fitness: Taxes, Budgets, and the Economy

chasfh

4 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I see one line item on the left that could be restructured to make up that deficit in a hurry.

image.png.1321cea2ecb90ac1dc7d0e647e9f3ae5.png

The purpose of a Fortune list level corporation is to provide a massive return to institutional shareholders and an even more massive windfall to top executives.  How could they possibly accomplish that while actually paying taxes?  

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I see one line item on the left that could be restructured to make up that deficit in a hurry.

I see two...

That Corporate Income Taxes is looking mighty, mighty thin.

But that Individual Income Taxes also... doesn't show all the ways that the top 1% avoid taxes, legally or illegally. It's why Biden wants to beef up the IRS another 60,000 employees (although that could be for both 1%'ers and corporate potential malfeasance...).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

I wouldn't care if the corporate inc tax stays low as long as all corporate derived income i.e. - stock awards, stock options, dividends and capital gains get taxed at the same rates as ordinary incomce. But give me one or the other at least.

2 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

I wouldn't care if the corporate inc tax stays low as long as all corporate derived income i.e. - stock awards, stock options, dividends and capital gains get taxed at the same rates as ordinary incomce. But give me one or the other at least.

Pointedly, this chart has nothing to do with corporate tax rates

• 3 months later...