11/02/2023 8:00 EDT New Orleans Pelicans vs Detroit Pistons

casimir

Sasser has a lot of "big shot" in his game.  I don't know if he is a starter on a good team but I'd start him on this team and keep giving him as many minutes as possible.  

At some point, the Pistons will learn that trying to have Cade go 1 on 3 in the crunch time is not the best offense.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hart said:

Has Ivey even played this 4th quarter?  Monty seems to really be sending a message about defense.

I only watched a little around the Hockey game, but in that short time Ivey was late on close outs multiple times and had one player waltz right by him on the way to an uncontested dunk. Lack of 360 deg awareness. My impression is he can't see/doesn't pay enough attention, to what isn't in his line of sight. 

10 hours ago, Hart said:

Has Ivey even played this 4th quarter?  Monty seems to really be sending a message about defense.

Not necessarily specific to Ivey, but more in general to the team.....

Now is the time to send messages.  New head coach, somewhat different mix of players on the floor, a whole lot of youth and potential.  Lay down the groundwork for the new program early in the season.