11/17/2023 7:30 EDT Cleveland Cavaliers vs Detroit Pistons *Group Stage In season Tourney

Tigeraholic1

sam postulating the pistons might trade for lavine.

unlikely.  sam probably doesnt remember that the pistons cant trade their first round pick because they owe it to the knicks.

the trade would have to be centered around ivey + something else.  probably duren.  i doubt the pistons would deal duren.

37 minutes ago, buddha said:

not sure anyone would want a first rounder from this year's draft.

I agree.  Flip side of that.  Anyone with the possibility of being in the lottery in 25/26 wont want to trade the pick because they want their shot at Flagg/Boozer/Dybantsa.  No clue about the depth of those drafts.  But those three guys are supposed to be studs.  

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Doesn't this say a lot about the organization?  A guy who wasn't good enough to start the season on a team is now going to be a starter?  

So, nothing really changing other than Bagley is out so you needed someone (Knox) to fill a spot.

Stubborn Monty (or prideful Troy?) still unwilling to move Killian to the bench where he belongs (and even that's a kind assessment).

6 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I don't think so.

I'm with you in thinking Lavine isn't a winning player. Plus, if Williams can get Ivey to play just average defense, he becomes a pretty nice player.

if lavine comes to detroit he just chucks up 25 shots a game and says "this is my team."  

my fear is that gores forces a premature trade because the team is so bad.  like they did with blake.

1 hour ago, buddha said:

if lavine comes to detroit he just chucks up 25 shots a game and says "this is my team."  

my fear is that gores forces a premature trade because the team is so bad.  like they did with blake.

yeah - being in a hurry to make another bad move isn't an answer either. At this point it's hard to believe Weaver actually has some clear idea about how to put together an NBA team, so there's no optimism in having Gores force him to do more. More of what? 

every year we have "tons of cap space" and every year its frittered away on projects, has beens, and never wuzzes, all to get an occasional second round pick.  deandre jordan, joe harris, etc etc.

are we building up to something?  

its year 4, were down a first round pick, and we've already traded away one of our own first round players for garbage.  so what's the plan?