11/04/2021 07:00 EDT Philadelphia 76ers @ Detroit Pistons

casimir

Yeah I really dont care about the record as long as the supposed core guys look good or show progression. I would like to see more competitive games though, that's what made last year the impressive tank that it was, they lost but they were atleast competitive most nights. 

I saw a stat yesterday on Twitter, all of last year the Pistons were only on the losing end of 7 blowouts, this year they already have 4. I can't remember what he used to constitute a blowout but that either way that's not a good start to the year. 

Casey said all of Cade's restrictions have been lifted so no more resting on b2bs. Also I saw something on Twitter about him saying that he put back on the weight he lost, I don't know the context to that but I wonder if he also has been sick on top of the ankle injury cause you don't usually lose weight when you're injured and not playing(see Zion)? That may have explained his struggles. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

11 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Usually its a "lack of legs" after not playing for quite awhile that causes lots of jump shot misses...

So give him a few games to "get his legs back"?

Yeah, and considering the injury was attached to a leg, I think a bit of a slow start isn’t too unexpected.

2 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Cade starting to pick up the pace, 12pts,8 boards and 4 assists with 3 minutes left in the 3rd. 

4-17

1-7 from 3.

that doesnt strike me as good, but i didnt watch the game.  im sure the slappies will tout a double-double as some sort of achievement.

20 minutes ago, buddha said:

4-17

1-7 from 3.

that doesnt strike me as good, but i didnt watch the game.  im sure the slappies will tout a double-double as some sort of achievement.

I only watched the 3rd quarter and he looked good there but right after I posted that it seems he fell off a cliff. The good news is he drew some fouls and got to the line and still worked on defense and contributed in other areas despite his shot not falling.  He was touted as a good shooter ever since his High School days so a week of bad shooting isn't going to change my opinion of him and assume that he has a terrible jumper. 

Also he led the team in plus minus at plus 7. I know that isn't a perfect stat but its good to see the team outscore the opponent while he is out there despite his shot not falling, I think it shows that he contributes in alot of different ways namely getting guys like Grant much better looks. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

Box score doesn’t really tell the tale. Cade was solid despite the shooting. His shot looks good and most of those were near misses rather than bricks. When he gets his legs I think the shot will be fine. He rebounded well, played PG most of his minutes (a lot of Hayes off-ball), got good looks at the rim, drew a lot of fouls, and hit his free throws. 

Hayes continuing to look better as well. All he has to do is knock down that three like he did tonight and continue to play defense and he’ll be fine.

No idea what’s up with Bey. Looked good to start the season but he’s really fallen off. Looks like he’s struggling to find his role in the offense since Cade started playing and the play calling isn’t getting him set up for open threes either. So, he’s getting lots of weird post ups without first creating a screen to get a mismatch. 

Joseph is still hot garbage. Just play Lee, at least we can hope he develops. 

if you watch nothing else from this game, go find Stewart’s dunk. He absolutely killed Joel on a crossover and double clutch dunked it at the rim. Highlight play of the season so far. 

Edited by Betrayer
  • Like 1

Stewart's drive & dunk was a thing of beauty.

The Pistons were in this going into the 4th.  Sure, the 76ers were down a couple of players, but it was a definite improvement over the previous game.

Agree that Cunningham started to get it going a bit.  I'm fine with being patient to begin the year.  He's new to the league, new to the team, and was just cleared with no restrictions.  It'll be interesting to see how he does tonight.

12 hours ago, buddha said:

4-17

1-7 from 3.

I guess I'm a "slappy" because Cade looks good and I'm not concerned in the least about his shot not falling because that's just a matter of him getting the timing down and getting that ankle back to 100% to get proper lift. If you watch him play, you can see a lot of good stuff in his game. Once the shots start falling, and they will, he's going to be really good.

1-20 from three is awful no doubt but he's not even close on a lot of them which leads me to believe that his ankle is still not 100% or he still doesn't trust it fully yet so I wouldn't worry too much about it long term. We also need to keep in mind that he didn't even practice with the team fully at any point and played no preseason so this is his preseason essentially.

Edited by NYLion

1 hour ago, NYLion said:

I guess I'm a "slappy" because Cade looks good and I'm not concerned in the least about his shot not falling because that's just a matter of him getting the timing down and getting that ankle back to 100% to get proper lift. If you watch him play, you can see a lot of good stuff in his game. Once the shots start falling, and they will, he's going to be really good.

1-20 from three is awful no doubt but he's not even close on a lot of them which leads me to believe that his ankle is still not 100% or he still doesn't trust it fully yet so I wouldn't worry too much about it long term. We also need to keep in mind that he didn't even practice with the team fully at any point and played no preseason so this is his preseason essentially.

you're right.

i havent seen him play yet, so i'm only basing everything on looking at box scores in the moment.

I have only watched 5 quarters of Cade but what has impressed me is that he just looks like a seasoned vet out there. Just the poise and confidence he exudes makes you believe that he belongs.

Like last year Killian pre injury just looked like this nervous rookie that shouldnt be out there, I don't get those vibes from Cade. He doesn't have that deer in the headlight look to me, he has a certain swagger about him despite being only 19 and playing 3 games.

• Like 1