11/05/2021 07:00 EDT Brooklyn Nets @ Detroit Pistons

casimir

Cade looks good. 

Still some misses. But I don't see an issue with his shooting aside from being a rookie coming off very little time played over the past several weeks...

But I was more annoyed when he got past everyone twice with a clear shot at the basket from within 5 feet or so... and kicked it out 20 feet to the perimeter. He's got to take those shots...

3 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Cade looks good. 

Still some misses. But I don't see an issue with his shooting aside from being a rookie coming off very little time played over the past several weeks...

But I was more annoyed when he got past everyone twice with a clear shot at the basket from within 5 feet or so... and kicked it out 20 feet to the perimeter. He's got to take those shots...

I think that's OK for now - he has get get buy in from his teammates so a little extra sharing of the ball may be a good investment for him for getting the ball back more often later.

I'd rather see him take charge though.

That means if the shot is open, he has to take it.

Aside from that... I see him including all his teammates in his passing so... I think that should provide cover for him taking open shots, especially since he is most likely the best shooter on the team.

Once he gets past his rookiness and gets his "sea legs" back that is...

The Cade Good: 3-7 from 3. Leads the Pistons in scoring. And looks a little more confidant...

The Cade Bad: 3-13 from 2. Oh, and he still looks like a rookie... still some tentative play and all that.

The Cade Ugly: 6 TO's.

Bottom Line: Pistons lose by 6.

Edited by 1984Echoes

9 minutes ago, buddha said:

sounds like cade's hitting his shots tonight!

Definitely better than he was, especially from outside but he missed a few too many from mid to close. Can't make them all but going forward he'll need to make a couple more of those misses. 

What I like is that he has shown no problem getting himself good looks off the dribble, may not have the athleticism to dominate around the basket but he has shown he is good enough to get his own good look. Just has been missing too many thus far, even if he hits 45% of those he'd be at like 25pts tonight. 

I missed a few portions of the game but watched most of Cade's time and the downside of the game for him is that he did get a bit passive after beating a defender.

Last night he drew a bunch of fouls, tonight not so much. Also his defense didn't look as good. That could be attributed to tired legs and getting in early foul trouble though. 

I thought in general they played well tonight.  It wasn’t apparent that they played the night before.  They moved the ball around pretty well.  Good energy and rotations on defense.  Early foul trouble on Stewart stunk. They’re still a poor shooting team.

On 11/5/2021 at 9:29 PM, RandyMarsh said:

Definitely better than he was, especially from outside but he missed a few too many from mid to close. Can't make them all but going forward he'll need to make a couple more of those misses. 

What I like is that he has shown no problem getting himself good looks off the dribble, may not have the athleticism to dominate around the basket but he has shown he is good enough to get his own good look. Just has been missing too many thus far, even if he hits 45% of those he'd be at like 25pts tonight. 

That's the key right there, he's getting to whichever spot on the floor he wants and creating good looks for himself and his teammates. This is why I said after last game that I'm not concerned about his shooting statline. He's doing a lot of good stuff, it's only a matter of time until the shots start falling with more regularity.

I watched a bit of that Duke game last night and Keels and Banchero looked damn impressive.  Banchero would be a better fit for us considering his size and length but Keels looks like he is going to be a stud in his own right. 

Also Chet Holmgren went for 14pts 13 rebounds 6 assists and 7 blocks in his debut. I know many are totally against him due to his frame and lets face it his race but he's gonna be in the mix for a top 3 pick.

Edited by RandyMarsh

It has nothing to do with Chet being white and everything to do with him being a toothpick and thin, tall guys generally being injury prone. One can say that Durant was thin too (still is obviously) but not THAT thin, Chet is  Manute Bol level thin.  Other than that, he has that "unicorn" skillset that teams covet with his size, shotmaking and playmaking ability and from what I've seen, he has an alpha "I'm going to take your soul" mentality so he'll

I saw the Duke game too and love Banchero, like REALLY love his game. He looks like he could step into the NBA right now and be an impact offensive player. He has some defensive things to work on but that offensive skillset is NBA ready.

Edited by NYLion