12/30 6PM Toronto Raptors @ Detroit Pistons

Tigeraholic1

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Flashbacks to the summer of 69.  I think this hire cuts like a knife but here is the good news, its straight from the heart.  Everything he does, he does it for you.  Can't stop this thing we started.  

this might be your worst post ever.

1 hour ago, buddha said:

the pistons are completely uninteresting now.  before there was a story, now there is just ambivalence and failure.

I know what you mean I havent watched them this much since Billups left and Idont know if i'll watch another game this season

On 12/31/2023 at 2:16 PM, Deleterious said:

Sam Vecenie had one of the Piston podcasters on his show recently.  They did 20 minutes on the Pistons and talked about Stewart.  They praised him for improving his shooting.  But they said he has no gravity, he doesn't draw the defense in so he really doesn't create spacing like you would want.

They mentioned the fact he can't attack closeouts as being the big problem.  You can really play off of him on defense because when/if he gets the ball, he will not move at all.  So you can close out on him hard and he isn't capable of punishing you by putting it on the floor and driving to the basket.  

This is it in a nutshell. I like Stew as a bench big, but he's not a starting 4 (or 5 for that matter).

15 hours ago, Deleterious said:

His extension might be the second best thing Weaver has done, after drafting Cade.

Even if you only view Stewart as a 6th man, his deal is only like 11% of the salary cap next year.  That is perfectly fine for a sixth man.

Exactly. Problem isn't the extension, it's the role he's been given by this coaching staff and front office.

16 hours ago, Deleterious said:

His extension might be the second best thing Weaver has done, after drafting Cade.

thats damning with most faint of praise.

i dont even see stewart as a 6th man.  on THIS team?  sure.  on a good team?  no.  

too small and unathletic for a 5.  not enough offense for a modern 4.  cant play with any other big man on this team. he's a bench rotation player at best.

the contract is fine, i suppose.  but as the focus of your offseason?  the one thing you HAD to do was lock up isaiah stewart? quite frankly, signing bey to a similar deal (or letting him go to restricted FA and get a similar number) would have been better for this team.  and i'm not even a bey fan.

this team needs shooting and wings, not an undersized offensive nobody like stewart.  i know he's tough, yadda yadda yadda.  means little in the long run.