3/18/24 7:30PM EDT Pistons @ Celtics

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

For those wanting to trade Ivey/Duren.  What are you looking to get in return?  I feel like their value might not be that high right now.

It's not a matter of trading them just for the sake of trading them but more of a recognition that it's hard to find a fit for Ivey here and that Duren is fairly limited in what he can do in todays' game. Also knowing that their value might be at its peak right now if the team continues to lose with these mismatched pieces.

I think it's extremely unlikely that they trade Duren but Ivey is absolutely trade bait. They can't just run it back with these guys and just work around the edges of this roster. They need players that are not only more advanced in their development but also fit better. I don't ever see a core of Cade, Ivey, Ausar and Duren being even a regular playoff team in this league nevermind championship caliber.

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

For those wanting to trade Ivey/Duren.  What are you looking to get in return?  I feel like their value might not be that high right now.

true, but what can you do? Their value to the Pistons isn't very high either when the team is playing .176 basketball.

And Troy Weaver still has a job.

Edited by gehringer_2

2 hours ago, NYLion said:

It's not a matter of trading them just for the sake of trading them but more of a recognition that it's hard to find a fit for Ivey here and that Duren is fairly limited in what he can do in todays' game. Also knowing that their value might be at its peak right now if the team continues to lose with these mismatched pieces.

I think it's extremely unlikely that they trade Duren but Ivey is absolutely trade bait. They can't just run it back with these guys and just work around the edges of this roster. They need players that are not only more advanced in their development but also fit better. I don't ever see a core of Cade, Ivey, Ausar and Duren being even a regular playoff team in this league nevermind championship caliber.

I think you summed it up pretty well.

You've got to move at least one of them before you're forced to pay them (Drummond) or you've waited so long that their value plummets (Bey).

I honestly don't know what you get for them because it's tough to gauge with young players. The Nets probably aren't trading Mikal Bridges even though they need to tear it down and rebuild, but he's the dream. I'm giving up Ivey, this year's first (make the pick for the Nets), a 2029 first, and Fournier (20M expiring) to put Bridges next to Cade, Ausar, and Fontecchio next season.

But maybe none of it matters if you don't get a real coach in here. Can we trade him too please?