NBA Info - April 2024

Posted (edited)

Shams has an article in the athletic about the nets coaching search. He listed three candidates and Ollie is not one of them.  He said originally he was considered but they have since moved on.

Edited by Deleterious

do we really think this team would be that much better with ollie as head coach?

maybe a little bit because monty has been so atrocious, but probably not a lot.

then again, its really hard to be this bad.  not even **** vitale was this bad.

6 hours ago, buddha said:

do we really think this team would be that much better with ollie as head coach?

I think you are right.  

Maybe a different coach could have them a bit more developed.  But yeah, this teams ceiling was never over 20 wins.

On 4/13/2024 at 3:35 PM, buddha said:

right - it's just an amazingly bad assembly. How many line-ups could you add Cade Cunningham to and end up with a worse team? 

Posted (edited)

They also have a lottery pick this year.  I believe it was from Houston and will be #12.

They also have 8 first round picks between 2024 and 2028 that are not their own.

EDIT: I meant 2025-2028.

Edited by Deleterious
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Chet played all 82 games this season.

Victor played a very respectable 71.  I think most of his missed games were rest games and not due to injury.

Tell me that the NBA has gone soft without telling me the NBA has gone soft. These dudes would have been broken by week 2 in either of the Pistons championship eras.

15 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

Tell me that the NBA has gone soft without telling me the NBA has gone soft. These dudes would have been broken by week 2 in either of the Pistons championship eras.

If you compare Chet to Kareem, he's not that far away. Chet is supposedly up to 208 now, Kareem came into the league at ~225, an inch taller and a little older than Chet. Victor is another story.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Guess I never knew what their contracts were like.

if she can keep people's interest in the league, revenue and salaries will increase.  right now its a money loser and has been propped up by nba revenues for decades.

but networks obviously see women's sports as a growth area.  espn is pumping major airtime and webspace into it.  the investment - in sports league terms - is very low and the potential returns are high.  if they want to televise mens pro sports the rights very very expensive.

6 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

If Giannis doesn't play a couple of these games, the Bucks could very well be headed home early.

I'm sure Doc Rivers will guide the Bucks through Indiana like a hot knife through butter.

• Haha 1

On 4/15/2024 at 11:40 PM, Deleterious said:

Guess I never knew what their contracts were like.

I didn't realize that they were paid that little in the WNBA, this is a #1 pick salary. Hell, that's in the range of what I make. No wonder these ladies are staying in college nowadays, NIL is surely more fruitful than this. Regardless, Clark is going to clean up with endorsements but, still, that's a shockingly low salary.