NBA Info - April 2024

11 hours ago, buddha said:

that's just the type of stupid hiring the hornets would make.

or the pistons.

JJ has a really good basketball mind. I have no idea what kind of coach he'd make, but I'd definitely interview him. Unfortunately, we haven't even picked our POBO yet, so we'll miss out on even interviewing most candidates and probably be stuck with Monty regardless.

I can't wait until Generation Whine in KD, Harden and Kyrie retire. Dudes are nothing but malcontents at every stop and I'm shocked, shocked I tell ya, that it didn't work out for the 3 bozos in Brooklyn. I would throw Ben Simmons in that whine pile as well but he doesn't have anything to whine about since he's never on court and why whine when you can collect millions upon millions of dollars to not work.

Edited by NYLion
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, NYLion said:

I can't wait until Generation Whine in KD, Harden and Kyrie retire. Dudes are nothing but malcontents at every stop and I'm shocked, shocked I tell ya, that it didn't work out for the 3 bozos in Brooklyn. I would throw Ben Simmons in that whine pile as well but he doesn't have anything to whine about since he's never on court and why whine when you can collect millions upon millions of dollars to not work.

This is what makes the NBA insufferable. It is by far the most diva of the four major sports leagues. 

2 hours ago, casimir said:

Is this a flex to get the Lakers (or someone else) to sign Bronny as a free agent?

Could be.  But he has a pretty consistent history of opting out when he can.  I would say financial reasons would be a bigger motivator here.

He can sign a max deal that is 35% of next years salary cap or 105% of his salary this year.  So his pay is going up either way.  

He might also get extra years that he wouldn't normally get.  Say his current deal has 2 years left.  He looks fantastic now, but at his age a lot can change in 2 years.  Maybe nobody gives him a max deal then.  But sign a deal now for 3 or 4 years and those years will be at max value.  That could be an extra hundred million for him.

• Thanks 1