4/11/24 7:00PM Bulls @ Pistons

"After the team’s loss to Utah in Detroit on Thursday, fans were heard chanting “sell the team,” loud enough to be heard on the broadcast. Gores said he thought it was ridiculous.

“They can say what they want, but that’s ridiculous. Other than winning — and we should win more games — we do a lot in the community. Players, the organization, we do a lot in the community. If you put aside winning, we’ve made a very big difference in the community. That means a lot to me. I understand that’s only going to mean a lot to people if we win, but the underworking of what’s happening and with our community, over all these years, is there. We’re doing multibillion-dollar things outside of (basketball). I understand the fans being upset, but it’s a ridiculous thought,” Gores said."

abandon hope all ye who enter here.

“Change is coming. I’m just saying that in terms of Monty, Troy, all of that stuff … they will be in place, but I’m all over them. They’ll tell you that too. There’s a lot of accountability that needs to be held. There might be additions to staff and all of that stuff. What’s for sure is that change is coming. We’re not right, right now. We have to add and delete. We’re on it already. We will make changes. We will make them. We don’t know exactly what they’ll be yet.”

Gores added that if anyone is to blame for what has happened, it’s him and Weaver. “In terms of how we’re not performing and so on, I think it has to go on Troy and I. It starts there. … We underestimated something. We have seven or eight players who are 22 and under. That’s the makeup of our roster. Maybe we need more playing veterans.”

does anyone think this person is a serious nba owner?  with a plan for the future?

these are the ramblings of a rich guy who thinks he knows better than everyone else because he's rich.

2 minutes ago, buddha said:

"After the team’s loss to Utah in Detroit on Thursday, fans were heard chanting “sell the team,” loud enough to be heard on the broadcast. Gores said he thought it was ridiculous.

“They can say what they want, but that’s ridiculous. Other than winning — and we should win more games — we do a lot in the community. Players, the organization, we do a lot in the community. If you put aside winning, we’ve made a very big difference in the community. That means a lot to me. I understand that’s only going to mean a lot to people if we win, but the underworking of what’s happening and with our community, over all these years, is there. We’re doing multibillion-dollar things outside of (basketball). I understand the fans being upset, but it’s a ridiculous thought,” Gores said."

abandon hope all ye who enter here.

Hey Tom. Here’s a thought: no one gives a **** about the community. 

“We have to assess what’s not working. I’m down to Monty and I talking about rotations. I don’t normally do that. Monty is so good and knows what’s he doing, he’s open to even talking about it. We do have to change something. I can’t tell you what it exactly is. We’re diving in pretty hard. We’re probably two weeks ahead of you guys. Our disappointment is catching up to us too.”

dont worry guys, tom gores is on the case.  he's talking rotations with monty.

does anyone actually think this actually happened?  that tom gores actually talked rotations with monty?  this is just more stammering bull**** from a fraud who is just talking out of his ass.

he's an embarassment to the team.  if the league gave a ****, he'd be an embarassment to them as well.  unless he says "i have a problem with black people", the league will do nothing.

You are hired to rebuild the franchise.

You get 8 first round picks.  4 of which are 7 or higher.  

You get 4 years.

You build the worst team in franchise history.  This isn't the Vancouver Grizzlies that have been around 25 years.  The Pistons were founded in 1948.  

The gravy on this turd sandwich.  Most of us don't even think he will be fired.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Deleterious said:

If you're a sophomore in high school, you have never witnessed the pistons win a playoff game.

The Pistons were winning a championship when I was a sophomore in high school.

12 hours ago, buddha said:

disappointed that they werent booed off the floor.

I don't think the fans care enough to.

In any event, This is the worst season I've ever witnessed of any sports team of mine, even worse than the 0-16 Lions because at least there was a Stafford to look forward to and that team had zero expectations of doing anything, they weren't Year 4 of rebuild and still won literally nothing.
The previous 3 you can understand because they were true rebuild years and there was some progress to be talked about at least, there were a few years post-Isiah that were really rough but they immediately got Grant Hill out of it then they got competitive pretty quickly. 2010-2020 was rough but there were a few competitive seasons thrown in there even if there was no hope for them to be anything more than mid.

This season from the record losing streak to injuries to the worst coaching job I've ever seen to whatever the hell this roster has been since Casper Grimes, Ausar, Stewart, Tech and now Cade have been shut down to Gores sounding like a bumbling idiot blaming the fans for not appreciating the Pistons for their community work to the lack of progress from just about all the young guy, all leading up to one of the worst ever drafts and free agency classes with not much on the trade market (as of now) to be excited about. Yeah,...pretty pretty pretttty bad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NYLion said:

even worse than the 0-16

Not to mention, the lions were within one possession in 5 of 16 games, which is a higher % of competitive games than this Piston team has mustered.

Edited by gehringer_2

Saw someone mention this on Reddit.  

The Pistons have won 93 games in the past 5 seasons.  That is the lowest amount of wins in the league for that time span.

Charlotte is #2 with 146.

That means the next worst team in the past 5 years still won 53 more games than Detroit.  

• Like 1