12/1 Red Wings @ Bruins

1984Echoes

great win.  a little lucky, but that's ok.

as much shit as i give ras, its obvious they trust him as a defensive center.  he's out there in a lot of key defensive situations and he performed well tonight in them.

also, good to see zadina score, but he - like ras - is becoming a better, more complete player.  neither of them seem likely to be stars or to live up to their draft position, but they are looking like they can be valuable role players.

38 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

Yeah a lot of the shots were not super high %, but whatever...that is still a lot of shots to have to stop either way.  Great win.

I thought the last 5 minutes were interesting. You normally see the team behind by one goal really extend themselves, but either the Bruins couldn't bring it, or the Wings had really upped their normal forecheck. Whichever it was Boston wasn't able to bring as much pressure as I usually expect to see at the end of a one goal game.

Edited by gehringer_2

25 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I thought the last 5 minutes were interesting. You normally see the team behind by one goal really extend themselves, but either the Bruins couldn't bring it, or the Wings had really upped their normal forecheck. Whichever it was Boston wasn't able to bring as much pressure as I usually expect to see at the end of a one goal game.

100% thought the same thing.  Maybe they were just gassed, but yeah the lack of pressure those last few minutes was surprising for sure.