01/01/2022 07:00 EST San Antonio Spurs @ Detroit Pistons

casimir

3 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

What are draft parameters?

Finish worst = can fall no further than 4th?

And 2nd worst finish = can fall no further than 5th?

On that basis... yeah, they're on that track... (#5 pick or better... not going to stick to buddha's "worst-case scenario" plan...)

Screenshot_20220101-144020_Chrome.jpg

Edited by buddha

Yeah... 

Worst case scenario... I get it... With the biggest possible percent...

But I know you take the pessimistic angle on all things so I'm going to go my usual opposite:

Super-Duper Sunny-side Optimistic take and hope we can get a Top-2 pick (prefer #1) out of this year, with Banchero at the top of the list and the #2 option Jabari Smith.

Holmgren is the Booby Prize. Please no Holmgren...

On a related note...

New Orleans rumor is that they'd trade their 1st rounder this year for a 3rd guy to pair up with Zion & Brandon Ingram...

A) Would they take Grant and have Ingram-Grant-Williamson at SG-SF-PF?

B) Grant to New Orleans for Satoransky-Jaxson Hayes and their 2022 1st rounder... who says no?

Lastly, if they did say yes... and we end up with #2 and #6 (just as an example)... we're talking one of Banchero/ Jabari Smith paired with Kendall Brown or Jalen Duren.

2022 = Hayes-Cunningham-Bey-J Smith-J Duren with Stewart off the bench as 1st big man. OR:

2022 = Hayes-Cunningham-K Brown-J Smith-Stewart with Bey coming off the bench as 6th man.

Is this better than 2021 lineup? Anyone interested in either of these 2022 lineups? Wanna trade Grant for NO's 2022 1st rounder? Most Importantly... Does N.O. say yes?

1 hour ago, 1984Echoes said:

On a related note...

New Orleans rumor is that they'd trade their 1st rounder this year for a 3rd guy to pair up with Zion & Brandon Ingram...

A) Would they take Grant and have Ingram-Grant-Williamson at SG-SF-PF?

B) Grant to New Orleans for Satoransky-Jaxson Hayes and their 2022 1st rounder... who says no?

Lastly, if they did say yes... and we end up with #2 and #6 (just as an example)... we're talking one of Banchero/ Jabari Smith paired with Kendall Brown or Jalen Duren.

2022 = Hayes-Cunningham-Bey-J Smith-J Duren with Stewart off the bench as 1st big man. OR:

2022 = Hayes-Cunningham-K Brown-J Smith-Stewart with Bey coming off the bench as 6th man.

Is this better than 2021 lineup? Anyone interested in either of these 2022 lineups? Wanna trade Grant for NO's 2022 1st rounder? Most Importantly... Does N.O. say yes?

lol at the pistons getting the #6 pick in the draft PLUS for jerami grant.  if that was on the table the pistons would say yes faster than you can imagine.

Fun game, although not pretty at times.  Down 17, but they erased that deficit and snagged the OT W.

Really have to give some credit to the fill in backcourt.  Like I said, the game wasn't pretty at times, but when they're going with 4th & 5th string guards, particularly at the point, as well as backups elsewhere getting more playing time than they should, they're doing an admirable job.  It probably helps that they've got some guards that aren't fresh out of college and have a little bit of pro experience.

On 1/1/2022 at 3:51 PM, 1984Echoes said:

Yeah... 

Worst case scenario... I get it... With the biggest possible percent...

But I know you take the pessimistic angle on all things so I'm going to go my usual opposite:

Super-Duper Sunny-side Optimistic take and hope we can get a Top-2 pick (prefer #1) out of this year, with Banchero at the top of the list and the #2 option Jabari Smith.

Holmgren is the Booby Prize. Please no Holmgren...

Agree...I do not want Holmgren.  

Having watched Holmgren dominate guys at every level I don't get why people are so against him. Sure he is skinny but he will put on mass and it's not like this is the 80s and 90s NBA. The league now is far less physical. He has unicorn like skills and ability.  As of now I wouldn't take him over Paulo or probably Jabari Smith but I would gladly take him and be happy with him.  

2 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Having watched Holmgren dominate guys at every level I don't get why people are so against him. Sure he is skinny but he will put on mass and it's not like this is the 80s and 90s NBA. The league now is far less physical. He has unicorn like skills and ability.  As of now I wouldn't take him over Paulo or probably Jabari Smith but I would gladly take him and be happy with him.  

after seeing mobley play so well, i dont see why holmgren cant too.