01/06/2022 08:00 EST Detroit Pistons @ Memphis Grizzlies

casimir

Off topic from the Pistons but I just wanted to point out how weird it is to see all these players from the past(well from a few years ago atleast) playing in games and in some instances actually making an impact. 

We mentioned Greg Monroe before but yesterday I saw that Lance Stephenson scored 30 for Indy along with Mario Chalmers suiting up for Miami. These are names I haven't heard in years and they are back on the court due to all the covid absences.

It's kinda surreal and almost feels like I'm watching the Big 3 where they have all these flamed out NBAers whose names always bring back memories. 

2 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Off topic from the Pistons but I just wanted to point out how weird it is to see all these players from the past(well from a few years ago atleast) playing in games and in some instances actually making an impact. 

We mentioned Greg Monroe before but yesterday I saw that Lance Stephenson scored 30 for Indy along with Mario Chalmers suiting up for Miami. These are names I haven't heard in years and they are back on the court due to all the covid absences.

It's kinda surreal and almost feels like I'm watching the Big 3 where they have all these flamed out NBAers whose names always bring back memories. 

Not only that, but guys like Monroe, Stephenson, and Langston Galloway are with their 2nd NBA teams this season.

Heck, remember when Joe Johnson went to training camp with the Pistons a season or two ago fresh off of the Big3?  He played a few minutes for Boston and got a basket.

Man that was so bad.  I watched during the best part and it was still bad.  Got it down to 8 and next thing you know it is 16.

I have seen flashes from Cade and he creates well for others, but I am not super impressed.  He misses too many shots.  39% is bad.  I am sure he will get better, but I was expecting a LITTLE more this year.

5 hours ago, John_Brian_K said:

Man that was so bad.  I watched during the best part and it was still bad.  Got it down to 8 and next thing you know it is 16.

I have seen flashes from Cade and he creates well for others, but I am not super impressed.  He misses too many shots.  39% is bad.  I am sure he will get better, but I was expecting a LITTLE more this year.

It's hard not to be at least a little bit disappointed.  

I was convinced before the season that at the very least, we could make him our main facilitator on offense.  Now I am wondering if it would help him long term to play next to a more traditional point.  He is a really good passer but so far, I just don't think the offense functions well when he is the primary ball handler.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hart said:

It's hard not to be at least a little bit disappointed.  

I was convinced before the season that at the very least, we could make him our main facilitator on offense.  Now I am wondering if it would help him long term to play next to a more traditional point.  He is a really good passer but so far, I just don't think the offense functions well when he is the primary ball handler.  

no-one is going to give up on him in his 1st season, but no doubt we had to have hoped that a  1/1 could be a little more dominating out of the box.

• Like 1