Jump to content

01/25/2022 07:00 EST Denver Nuggets @ Detroit Pistons


casimir
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, buddha said:

sounds like cade is having another great game.

Yep.  Three point percentage slowly creeping up.

I know some prefer the Pistons to lose but I would rather not throw away games for the sake of Killian anymore.  Sit him in crunch time.  It's not like he has a ton of upside we are trying to develop.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Hart said:

Yep.  Three point percentage slowly creeping up.

I know some prefer the Pistons to lose but I would rather not throw away games for the sake of Killian anymore.  Sit him in crunch time.  It's not like he has a ton of upside we are trying to develop.  

yeah - Hayes doesn't need to play 30 min. At this point either he is a bust or he's just still too young (20 1/2) and may mature into a better player with time. Either way playing him starter's minutes now seems pointless. You either keep him around on the 2nd unit for at least another year because you see something such that you still believe he will mature into that better player -- or not, but big minutes now aren't going to get him a year older any faster.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

if hayes cant shoot, then at he needs to at least get to the line.  use that body to create contact and draw fouls.  but he doesnt.

the problem with drafting guys that young is that some of them take a while to develop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Once Cade cuts down on the TOs and silly fouls like I expect him to with experience and having more talent around him he is really gonna be a star.

He has all the tools and tricks to get any shot he wants and the ability to knock them down. His ability to finish with both hands and his touch near the hoop helps mitigate any lack of explosion that many people feared. Wish he could get to the line more though but that too may come with experience. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Crazy comeback for the Clippers tonight, they were down by 35 heading into the half and came back to win. Our old friend Luke Kennard scored 7 points in the last 9 seconds including a 4 point play with a second left to give the Clips the 1 point win. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Heck of a game by Cade in a competitive loss. It was a lot of fun to watch him just take over. These are the types of losses I like to see this year, not the 30 point blowouts. 

Great to see Cade continuing to improve and we're not even at the All Star break yet.

This team needs a real Center so bad. Watching Cade do all this damage while having both defenders crowd him after the pick is painful. His stat-line would've been even more impressive with a lob threat out there.

I've been calling for having Killian run the bench unit, so I hope that's the plan going forward rather than just these couple of games due to the hip injury. He was supposed to be a pick n roll maestro and a great passer - we won't see that with him in the starting lineup alongside Cade. Let's let him run the bench unit and see what we have by year end. We already know he's a very good defender. Does he just become a bust, does he improve his shooting and fall into the Lonzo Ball 3 and D PG archetype, or does he he improve his ball skills and fall into the Ricky Rubio archetype? That's what we need to know going into the offseason.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is awesome! Candace Parker calls out the TNT crew for not showing or mentioning Cade once in the highlight package despite his game.

I get it the Pistons lost and Denver has the reigning MVP so they're going to get the bulk of the highlight but Cade is the current number 1 pick, you think he'd get some publicity by a basketball show when he has a great game. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cade's not really getting the respect league-wide yet. It's a case of nobody watching the team, so perception is lagging behind reality. They came up with their narrative on Cade after he struggled during the first 30 days and it'll take them another month or two to catch up to where he's at now. I've heard a number of views from outside of Detroit media in the past couple of weeks that feel like takes from October - word has not spread and they aren't paying attention to this team at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Betrayer said:

Cade's not really getting the respect league-wide yet. It's a case of nobody watching the team, so perception is lagging behind reality. They came up with their narrative on Cade after he struggled during the first 30 days and it'll take them another month or two to catch up to where he's at now. I've heard a number of views from outside of Detroit media in the past couple of weeks that feel like takes from October - word has not spread and they aren't paying attention to this team at all.

Speaking of which,  Chad Ford put out his redraft today and he had Mobley and Barnes going 1 and 2.  He said something to the effect that "If the draft were today no way would the Pistons pass on Mobley who has shown to CLEARLY have a higher ceiling than Cade. "

I mean I'm not denying Mobley hasnt been great, particularly defensively but to say he clearly has a higher ceiling and that its obvious the Pistons would take him if ludicrous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Speaking of which,  Chad Ford put out his redraft today and he had Mobley and Barnes going 1 and 2.  He said something to the effect that "If the draft were today no way would the Pistons pass on Mobley who has shown to CLEARLY have a higher ceiling than Cade. "

I mean I'm not denying Mobley hasnt been great, particularly defensively but to say he clearly has a higher ceiling and that its obvious the Pistons would take him if ludicrous.

No way that Barnes would go ahead of Cade given what the league values now.  I do think you could make a case for Mobley.  I'd probably still take Cade but it's nitpicking either way. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Hart said:

No way that Barnes would go ahead of Cade given what the league values now.  I do think you could make a case for Mobley.  I'd probably still take Cade but it's nitpicking either way. 

Agree about Mobley, I love him too and I have no qualms if somebody were to say in a vacuum that he is better but in no way is he clearly better like Ford says and no way do I think the Pistons change to him over Cade if there was a redraft right now. 

Likewise if the Cavs took Mobley with the 1st pick I doubt they would switch to Cade either. For a team to switch their tune this early there would have to be some dramatic differences and that isn't the case. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Who knows what they will look like in 3 years, but Mobley has much better players around him that allow him to do what he does best. Cade is literally doing everything for this team and the opponents know it. At this point, I'd still have taken Cade #1 overall.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

Who knows what they will look like in 3 years, but Mobley has much better players around him that allow him to do what he does best. Cade is literally doing everything for this team and the opponents know it. At this point, I'd still have taken Cade #1 overall.

if mobley is on the pistons he has to rely on killian to get him the ball.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Betrayer said:

Who knows what they will look like in 3 years, but Mobley has much better players around him that allow him to do what he does best. Cade is literally doing everything for this team and the opponents know it. At this point, I'd still have taken Cade #1 overall.

I was of the opinion that the Pistons should trade down (but not too far) and gain assets.  I really liked Mobley, and was hoping they could move down a peg or two (Houston was still rumored to be all in on one of Cunningham/Green).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      186
    • Most Online
      119

    Newest Member
    roarintiger1
    Joined
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...