02/11/2022 07:00 EST Charlotte Hornets @ Detroit Pistons

casimir

16 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Stat of the day:

It is almost the exact opposite when you at Grants time....we won waay more with him out.  Still shocked they could not move him, but I guess the other teams know what most of us already do.  

I am sick of watching other players pass up good shots to throw it back to him...it is like a mandate from the coach or something.  Yesterday I saw sooo many times a player had a good shot and passed it up to a covered Grant for him to jack up a shot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, John_Brian_K said:

It is almost the exact opposite when you at Grants time....we won waay more with him out.  Still shocked they could not move him, but I guess the other teams know what most of us already do.  

I am sick of watching other players pass up good shots to throw it back to him...it is like a mandate from the coach or something.  Yesterday I saw sooo many times a player had a good shot and passed it up to a covered Grant for him to jack up a shot.

The team has the second worst offensive rating when he's in the lineup - second only to Stewart.

A lot of this is on Grant. But let's be honest, a ton of it is on Casey. This is the most simple-minded offense in the league. There's zero creativity, very little ball movement, and almost no off-ball movement or screening. Casey also obviously doesn't coach shot selection or cater plays to specific players strengths.

The end result is a ton of isolation play, which puts Jeremy in the worst possible position to use his strengths.

I want to say that the top priority this off-season is moving Grant, but I think it's actually far more important to either move Casey into a development role so we can get a real coach, or do what Toronto did and get him an offensive coordinator. A Casey team will never play above the sum of its parts and most often it will play below it's potential. On top of that, it's having a negative impact on the development of key guys like Cade, Bey, and even Killian.

• Like 1

They definitely need to get rid of Casey, I know this roster isn't good to say the least but even if it was I don't have the confidence in him that he would maximize it.  I'm hoping that Weaver is just keeping him around for the time being knowing that we aren't going to contend anyway, kinda like the Tigers did with Gardenhire but when that time comes when they plan to compete they find somebody else. 

On 2/11/2022 at 11:35 AM, Betrayer said:

The team has the second worst offensive rating when he's in the lineup - second only to Stewart.

A lot of this is on Grant. But let's be honest, a ton of it is on Casey. This is the most simple-minded offense in the league. There's zero creativity, very little ball movement, and almost no off-ball movement or screening. Casey also obviously doesn't coach shot selection or cater plays to specific players strengths.

The end result is a ton of isolation play, which puts Jeremy in the worst possible position to use his strengths.

I want to say that the top priority this off-season is moving Grant, but I think it's actually far more important to either move Casey into a development role so we can get a real coach, or do what Toronto did and get him an offensive coordinator. A Casey team will never play above the sum of its parts and most often it will play below it's potential. On top of that, it's having a negative impact on the development of key guys like Cade, Bey, and even Killian.

I agree 100%  Grant is an issue but the root of the problem is Casey.  If we had a coach that knew offense, I might be able to live with Grant.  

Edited by Hart
  • Like 1