2/14 8PM Red Wings at Wild

1984Echoes

5 hours ago, Shinzaki said:

Moritz Seider....Calder top three and Norris top five?

I have a hard time seeing how he wouldn't be a Calder front runner based on his overall impact.  I don't know enough of the league to speak on Norris stuff though, it looks like 7 guys have 40+ points already so it could be tough for him as a rookie.

Just now, slothfacekilla said:

I have a hard time seeing how he wouldn't be a Calder front runner based on his overall impact.  I don't know enough of the league to speak on Norris stuff though, it looks like 7 guys have 40+ points already so it could be tough for him as a rookie.

All the Dmen with more points than Seider are also 3 yrs or more older. 

he wont be in the norris conversation this year but he should be the calder winner.

i have a feeling it will be zegras because he 1) is having a good season; and 2) scores goals and makes highlight reel plays.

but it should absolutely be seider.  he's a top defenseman as a rookie, plays on the pk, pp, and against the other teams best every night.  he's a rock.

and he's getting better as the year has gone on.  raymond has fallen off a bit (and it hurts him to not have bert up there every night getting pucks for him and screening goalies), but seider is actually improving as the year goes on.  he's taking the puck up the ice more now, he's getting more physical in defense, and he's shooting more.

he's the real deal.  if this holds up he could be - dare i say - on the lidstrom path?  maybe more chris pronger with better wheels?

Just now, buddha said:

raymond has fallen off a bit

he did have seem to have a lull but he's still been pretty solid - 7 pts in his last 10 games. Of course that is partly because Larkin has been on fire the last dozen games also.  I'd like to see Vrana anchor the 2nd line when he come back so they can put Bertuzzi back with Larkin - they are such perfectly complimentary players - Larkin on open ice, Bertuzzi in traffic.

10 minutes ago, buddha said:

chris pronger with better wheels?

Pronger played more a bruising style game than Seider does - or needs to.

My memory could be wrong but I seem to recall a funny incident in the playoffs where Pronger had Yzerman lined up but Yzerman ducked the check and Chris ended up almost knocking himself out of the game. 

15 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Pronger played more a bruising style game than Seider does - or needs to.

My memory could be wrong but I seem to recall a funny incident in the playoffs where Pronger had Yzerman lined up but Yzerman ducked the check and Chris ended up almost knocking himself out of the game. 

I think that tore up Pronger's knee really badly.... yep couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/sports/2002/05/11/blues-pronger-done-for-rest-of-playoffs/769c5533-d4f4-43e8-9678-99df404f4886/

Love how they are discussing whether or not Yzerman intentionally did it when Pronger was the one who ran at him

15 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

he did have seem to have a lull but he's still been pretty solid - 7 pts in his last 10 games. Of course that is partly because Larkin has been on fire the last dozen games also.  I'd like to see Vrana anchor the 2nd line when he come back so they can put Bertuzzi back with Larkin - they are such perfectly complimentary players - Larkin on open ice, Bertuzzi in traffic.

I would like to see Vrana on a line with Zadina, they supposedly have chemistry in international events.  Also Zadina needs to hire Vrana's skating coach, if I see him do the useless non-stride stride/back kick (I don't even know how to explain it but I did it a lot when I played haha) one more time I'm going to lose my mind.