3/8 - 7:30PM - Coyotes at Red Wings

43 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

Vrana is practicing on line 2, they broke up the Guelph line and Bertuzzi is back to line 1 and Zadina to line 4.

I'm really losing hope for Zadina - he doesn't seem to have any skill at placing a puck in traffic, whether that is a pass in traffic or a shot on goal anywhere other than the goalie's chest.

40 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I'm really losing hope for Zadina - he doesn't seem to have any skill at placing a puck in traffic, whether that is a pass in traffic or a shot on goal anywhere other than the goalie's chest.

i read something talking about zadina "excelling" on line one.  what?  excelling at what?  because he scored one goal the one time he ever comes inside and shoots at a screened goalie instead of his usual drfit outside and shoot at the goalie's chest?

i dont think he excelled at all on the top line, i thought he was replacement level.  

i havent lost hope with zadina, but i still dont see it with him yet.  when he starts shooting accurately, i'll get excited.

from wiim boards:  would you do bert for lafreniere and picks?

ummm....i dont think the rangers would ever do that even if lafreniere has underwhelemed to this point.

i was hoping florida would get stupid and do luddell for bert but....dare to dream i guess.

12 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

I knew exactly what the responses were going to be to my post 😂

I hope Vrana gets cleared to actually play

would you ever take raymond off line one and out vrana on it next to bert and larkin?  that's a ton of speed and a puck chaser on the top line.

1 hour ago, buddha said:

from wiim boards:  would you do bert for lafreniere and picks?

ummm....i dont think the rangers would ever do that even if lafreniere has underwhelemed to this point.

i was hoping florida would get stupid and do luddell for bert but....dare to dream i guess.

Ya I can't see the Rangers doing it even if it makes them better right now.

1 hour ago, buddha said:

would you ever take raymond off line one and out vrana on it next to bert and larkin?  that's a ton of speed and a puck chaser on the top line.

It would be tempting but I would be worried about messing with Raymond.  Vrana's speed and shot probably plays anywhere in the top six.  He'll probably have some growing pains over a longer stretch of time but he seems like an exciting player if given minutes and an offensive role.

I honestly want to see Vrana play with Zadina (I know I know) just because they allegedly play well together in international play.  But honestly I'm excited to see Vrana anywhere in the lineup hopefully soon.

• Like 1

My 2 cents on the Blueliners would be:

Seider-Staal (Staal can stay at home on D whilst Seider carries the play. But really, we need a better player for 1st pairing with Seider. I'm ready to dump Oesterle, drop Staal to 3rd or 4th pairing, and give Sebrango/ or McIsaac a shot at pairing up. Let's see what they can or cannot do (basically, let's get ready for 2022-23). Or maybe it's Juolevi here... but, I start him out with kid gloves before considering anything more).

Hronek-Leddy (offense only tandem but... why not?)

Lindstrom-Juolevi (I just wanna see what he's got...)

Stecher-Oesterle

I am interested to see how long of a leash Blashill gives Vrana.  He just had a really rough shift in the d-zone where he kept looking to fly the zone instead of being available for a pass or supporting.  Kinda just led to the second Coyotes goal because it led to a sloppy change and being hemmed in their own zone.  It did look like Vrana - Suter - Zadina got a shift together though.  Names got dropped to line four with Veleno and Gagne at least for now.

36 minutes ago, buddha said:

lindstrom gets the stick knocked right out of his hands and then zadina stands there while chychrun walks right last him to knock in thr rebound.

embarassing defense.

It's why I wouldn't mind making a play for Chychrun.

But I don't think we have the right assets...

16 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

It's why I wouldn't mind making a play for Chychrun.

But I don't think we have the right assets...

i wouldnt trade for chychrun.  he's an offense only defenseman having a terrible year and he's a free agent after this season, i think.