3/8 - 7:30PM - Coyotes at Red Wings

1 hour ago, slothfacekilla said:

I figured it wouldn't happen but I was genuinely curious if Blashill would get fired this morning.  Two days rest, at home against one of the worst teams in the league who lose their top scorer at the beginning of the game.  Awful.

and its been like this all week.  blown out consistently.

in defense of blashill, the goalies have been god awful.  ned has been one of the worst in the league aince the all star break.  i know the defense sucks, but he's been awful.  missing easy saves on shots.

that doesnt reflect well on yzerman since he's the one that traded for him.

Ned has looked rough but he also played really well for a stretch there so I'm not writing him off yet.  This whole team is just a mess right now so it is hard to be excited about much outside of seider/raymond/larkin/bert.  And I've noticed some mistakes from that group too recently.  Bad hockey is infectious... Something needs to snap them out of it or the rest of the season is going to be insanely brutal to watch.  I know we aren't expecting much but damn.

Maybe Ned just isn't a #1 goalie.  Maybe he's a really good backup or a good co-lead, but he hit a wall.  maybe he has an injury that we don't know about.  

Still, has been a good season but they are showing they need to take a big step.     This was a really good transition year, but this young team may be a bit burned out.    The playoffs were not a real goal this year, but they must be next year.