03/25/2022 07:00 EST Washington Wizards @ Detroit Pistons

casimir

speaking of 1978...i was watching that ridiculously stupid hbo series "winning time" on the lakers and there is a scene when theyre talking about replacing jerry west as coach and they have some names written on a chalkboard and number one on the list was dick vitale.  but he was under contract.

Washington hangs on for the 100-97 win.  Cade with 22pts(11-22FG no FT attempts), 9 assists and 7 boards. Bagley with 25 and 5 boards. I watched the last quarter and a half and it was an entertaining game but Pistons were ultimately undone by their outside shooting, 6-32 on the night including McGruder going 1-12. Cade hit a couple clutch mid range jumpers in the last minute but forced an awkward shot at the rim in the 2nd to last possession and missed. Probably should've pulled it back out or passed instead of forcing that but oh well it happens.   Porzingis looked like his 2016 self and killed us.  

I saw a stat that somebody posted on a page I follow on FB that said Pistons are shooting 29% on "good looks"(don't know what that classifies as) from 3 off of Cade's passes. Not sure what the league average is on "good looks" but let's conservatively say 35%, how many assists is he being robbed of by poor shooting?

13 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I saw a stat that somebody posted on a page I follow on FB that said Pistons are shooting 29% on "good looks"(don't know what that classifies as) from 3 off of Cade's passes. Not sure what the league average is on "good looks" but let's conservatively say 35%, how many assists is he being robbed of by poor shooting?

Not sure on Cade specific passes.  But they are shooting 34% on 3PTA's when the defender was more than 6 feet away.  It is the worst percentage in the entire league.  

The NBA keeps a nice stat called Potential Assists.  Cade is just over 10 per game.  They don't have them ranked but it looks like that puts him around 25th or 30th in the league in that number.

• Thanks 1