The Battle for Lord Stanley’s Cup

Begins tonight.    All 8 Eastern teams are above 100 points.   This should mean complete madness.      

Panthers vs Capitals

Canes vs Bruins

Leafs vs Lightning

Pens vs Rangers

Western is stacked too 

Avs vs Preds 

Flames vs Stars

Oillers vs Kings

Blues vs Wild

I like Colorado to continue their great season and take on flips coin… Leafs…flips again…Rangers    

no toronto, no boston, no colorado, no st louis, no pittsburgh.

the rangers would suck because its new york and youd never hear the end of it from espn.  i have a friend who is a kings fan and he can be annoyingly smug when his teams win so no kings.  the wild seemed to be real dicka this year when we played them and that one guy slammed lucas' head on the ice so no minnesota.  the hurricanes organization just seem like dicks on twitter so no canes.  do i really nees to see kenny holland lift the cup after destroying the wings?  no oilers.  dallas and nashville are non entities to me now.

so calgary, tampa, washington, florida.  i still kinda root for tampa because its still stevie's team.  plus theyre playing the leafs.  

Edited by buddha
  • Haha 1

On 5/4/2022 at 9:27 PM, lordstanley said:

Big game for Oilers tonight. Heat will be on Kenny if they lose this series to the Kings.

Kenny takes a ton of heat but he made probably the best move of any GM this entire season by signing Evander Kane  off the street in January.   22 goals in 43 games and 5 more in the playoffs playing with McDavid have been just what they needed.   His big FA signing of Zach Hyman had also paid dividends.   They aren’t a 1 line team anyone and that PP is lethal.   Not sure if that will get them far in the playoffs but he’s been pressing the right buttons.  

1 hour ago, buddha said:

that might be the only good game of the night.

Oilers-Kings was pretty good. Oilers left it late but saved their season … for now. 
I forgot all about the Blues-Wilds series. Didn’t watch one second of it, not even on highlights. Never said to see the Wild eliminated, after the Parise-Suter fiasco. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Oilers-Kings was pretty good. Oilers left it late but saved their season … for now. 
I forgot all about the Blues-Wilds series. Didn’t watch one second of it, not even on highlights. Never said to see the Wild eliminated, after the Parise-Suter fiasco. 

Suter is on my shit list.  Dallas needs to get knocked out.

EDIT: Maybe the Wings dodged a bullet (granted they still got shot) Jason Arnott rips former Predators teammate Ryan Suter: 'All he'd do was complain'

Edited by sagnam

It isn't like the Wings made a ton of stellar moves after that point, but missing out on Suter and Parise was a blessing in disguise.  Instead of sinking into mediocrity we would have done so with those two weighing down the cap the whole time.  All I hear about their time with the Wild is bad.  Suter is a great player but seems like a guy that is tough to win with because he's a terrible teammate.

1 hour ago, sagnam said:

After the commercial CBC was like “he was trying to avoid the hit” as they show him skate directly into the hit then stand up straight.  lol

amazing.  cbc will do whatever they can to make the leafs win.

suck it cbc!  suck it toronto!