The Battle for Lord Stanley’s Cup

5 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Penguins complaining about a helmet being ripped off, which they claim led to the tying goal because the Pens player had to leave the ice. I am half-sympathetic, but instead of leaving the ice he could have just popped the helmet back on. 

boo fucking hoo.

1 minute ago, lordstanley said:

Oettineger’s was one of the greatest goaltending performances I’ve ever seen. Alas, in a loss. Took 61 shots to defeat him though. The actual game winner may have been on the soft side though, need to see a replay. 

you figure in a game like that Calgary would eventually get caught overcommitted and give up a winning odd-man rush, but Dallas was completely inept.

Edited by gehringer_2

9 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Penguins complaining about a helmet being ripped off, which they claim led to the tying goal because the Pens player had to leave the ice. I am half-sympathetic, but instead of leaving the ice he could have just popped the helmet back on. 

boo fucking hoo.

After having too many men on the ice while short handed and down 2-0 in game 3, down 2-0 in the series,  in 2009 they never ever get to complain about a call in the playoffs.  Never.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, sagnam said:

NHL officiating needs help.  Blues just took a high sticking penalty with under 2 minutes in the 3rd period of a tie game and his stick didn’t even get above his waist.  Stupid.

I wish there was a way for refs to call a play dead for a not very serious infraction, short of calling a penalty. 

Edited by lordstanley

1 hour ago, sagnam said:

In other news Calgary up 3-0 in the first, scoring 2 goals in the first minute of the game.

now 5-1. I dropped in on that one for a few minutes. Suter has put some kind of charge into his team. I don't know how long any team can play that fast but it's like it's not even fair.

Edited by gehringer_2

Calgary puck pursuit completely negates 2 Oiler PPs. Back in the day you'd try to beat the energy out of a team like the flames by taking it hard to their bodies and get them looking over their shoulders, but with the speed of the game now you don't have teams that can do much of that, at least not team's good enough to make the playoffs. 

Edited by gehringer_2

One thing to note, Tkachuk scored the 8th goal and he should have been in the penalty box.  He and Kane took matching penalties after the original Flames penalty, yet Tkachuk was the one who came out of the box after the Flames killed the penalty.  NHL officiating needs help.

On 5/15/2022 at 11:41 PM, lordstanley said:

I had no sympathy on this one. This is coming from an organization whose player, Egnevi Malkin, violated the Instigator Rule by swinging his stick at Henrik Zetterberg's head and starting a fight in the final two minutes of a game in the 2009 SCF. So suck it Pens!