The Battle for Lord Stanley’s Cup

Shades of the Goose Loonies

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/panthers-coach-denies-players-strip-club-on-playoff-game-day-225943631.html

Florida Panthers head coach Andrew Brunette does not want to feed into any rumors involving his team and a strip club.

Two hosts of a Tampa Bay radio show were adamant that "a lot" of Panthers players were seen partying at a strip club as late as 3:00 a.m. on Monday morning after their Game 3 loss to the Lightning put them in a 3-0 series hole.

I am one who is ready for singing a nation anthem before sporting events to go, but listening to the crowd in Edmonton sing the Canadian nation anthem was cool.  And it’s official that the Canadian nation anthem is superior.

Oh look, a quick applets goal. What a terrible play, Markstrom.

Edited by sagnam

the american national anthem is a solid #2 behind the french national anthem.  canada is nice, but land of the free and the home of the brave is a great way to end a national song.

(its no "sowing the fields with the blood of our enemies", but we cant be as cool as those fellows from marseilles.)

1 hour ago, buddha said:

the american national anthem is a solid #2 behind the french national anthem.  canada is nice, but land of the free and the home of the brave is a great way to end a national song.

(its no "sowing the fields with the blood of our enemies", but we cant be as cool as those fellows from marseilles.)

Russian anthem is #1 by a country mile. 

14 hours ago, sagnam said:

I am one who is ready for singing a nation anthem before sporting events to go, but listening to the crowd in Edmonton sing the Canadian nation anthem was cool.  And it’s official that the Canadian nation anthem is superior.

Oh look, a quick applets goal. What a terrible play, Markstrom.

I hate to say it but the Star Spangled Banner at Chicago Stadium was pretty cool too.

• Like 1

As a longtime Oilers fan, I'm enjoying the hell out of this playoff run. Kind of weird to see my team playing games through Memorial Day weekend, only the 2nd time that's happened in my Oilers fandom (2006 being the other). 

Oddly enough, a lot of Ken Holland's moves (to make it Red Wings relevant) that looked questionable earlier in the season are looking golden right now.

Edited by NYLion

2 minutes ago, NYLion said:

As a longtime Oilers fan, I'm enjoying the hell out of this playoff run. Kind of weird to see my team playing games through Memorial Day weekend, only the 2nd time that's happened in my Oilers fandom (2006 being the other). 

Oddly enough, a lot of Ken Holland's moves (to make it Red Wings relevant) that looked questionable earlier in the season are looking golden right now.

Kenny’s problem as a GM in Det was drafting bad players for too many years. 

Edited by gehringer_2

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

Kenny’s problem as a GM in Det was drafting bad players for too many years. 

Actually, I thought his cap management in Detroit was a bigger disaster (Nielsen, Abdelkader, Dekeyser etc. etc.). His cap management still blows in Edmonton (took on Keith at full salary which was crazy and gave Darnell Nurse elite Dman money at $9m+) but a lot of his signings are sure paying off in the short term but long term might be sketchy. The drafting has actually been good so far, the Oilers system hasn't been this loaded in years but remains to be seen until they have NHL success.

3 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Actually, I thought his cap management in Detroit was a bigger disaster (Nielsen, Abdelkader, Dekeyser etc. etc.). His cap management still blows in Edmonton (took on Keith at full salary which was crazy and gave Darnell Nurse elite Dman money at $9m+) but a lot of his signings are sure paying off in the short term but long term might be sketchy. The drafting has actually been good so far, the Oilers system hasn't been this loaded in years but remains to be seen until they have NHL success.

they said the same thing about the red wings system not so long ago too.