The Battle for Lord Stanley’s Cup

Just now, NYLion said:

Actually, I thought his cap management in Detroit was a bigger disaster (Nielsen, Abdelkader, Dekeyser etc. etc.). His cap management still blows in Edmonton (took on Keith at full salary which was crazy and gave Darnell Nurse elite Dman money at $9m+) but a lot of his signings are sure paying off in the short term but long term might be sketchy. The drafting has actually been good so far, the Oilers system hasn't been this loaded in years but remains to be seen until they have NHL success.

I suppose, but to some degree the one followed from the other. He drafted mediocre players, fell in love with them and overpaid them. I would think that had he had drafted good players it wouldn’t have been so much an issue to up against the cap. 🤔

11 minutes ago, sagnam said:

Holy crap, Avs score a goal that was obviously offsides on review so the Oilers challenge and the officials allow the goal!  Unbelievable! It’s almost inconceivable that video reviews can fail spectacularly.

So the explanation is that the Avs player didn’t have possession as he carried the puck across the blue line. The puck was on edge but for my money he was in control.