The 2022 Midterm Elections

chasfh

7 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Yup - Acceptance of early voting as the 'normal' thing to do is growing so rapidly with each election that no-one has half a clue who is doing what.

Yeah, if all I did was read threads on this board the last several election days, I would have expected a Dem wipeout in every one. They'd have 60+ seats by now, and we'd be coming up on Year 7 of Hillary.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Edman85 said:

All this turnout extrapolation is meaningless and should probably be ignored. Just like early voting demographics. Just wait til polls close.

I'm old enough to remember the excitement that would ensue here when a poll would come out in June or July showing Democrats up on Republicans, and I would reply, "Quick, call the election for today!"

Ah, good times ...

9 minutes ago, TigerfanDave84 said:

I really dislike John James I hope he loses, hes one of the top people I want to see lose. Why didn't his opponent run ads that he didn't live in the district. I have seen a decent number of ads for the district but none about him living outside the district.

Marlinga was under funded, and Stevens decided to carpetbag in MI-11 and Levin chose not to run in MI-10. Democrats punted MI-10 and James swooped in.

8 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

No, I don't. It's got to be the most opposite pair of senators from a single state in the country.

OK, well, let's just hope it's a free and fair election in this most permanently-gerrymandered of red states filled with blue people.

8 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Marlinga was under funded, and Stevens decided to carpetbag in MI-11 and Levin chose not to run in MI-10. Democrats punted MI-10 and James swooped in.

Yeah Levin should have ran in the 10th with the full support of the Democratic party, and whatever he needed to win. He would be a good fit for the district. Its a seat the Democrats should win especially if they want to improve with working class white voters. I guess Levin wanted to run in the 11th and risk a  tough primary for a easy general election but for the good of the party he should have ran in the 10th.

7 minutes ago, TigerfanDave84 said:

Yeah Levin should have ran in the 10th with the full support of the Democratic party, and whatever he needed to win. He would be a good fit for the district. Its a seat the Democrats should win especially if they want to improve with working class white voters. I guess Levin wanted to run in the 11th and risk a  tough primary for a easy general election but for the good of the party he should have ran in the 10th.

The district was Biden +1 and this was not looking like a good year for Democrats so I can see them passing, The Dobbs decision changed things but by then Levin and Stevens were already committed to 11.