The 2022 Midterm Elections

chasfh

• 3 weeks later...

I know that there is still a lot of time left but right now it looks like I won't be voting in your midterms.  The border is slowly opening but I have mixed vax doses, one Pfizer and one Moderna, and it isn't clear whether every country is going to approve mixed doses.  So my plans are on hold.  Ordinarily I would vote in Buffalo, Erie, and Cleveland, and try to make it to Toledo.

13 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Probably not as bad as the early 1900s. But the oligarchs are taking over if the Trumpists have their way.

We’ll owe our soul to the company stores

Sorry just feeling very morbid today 

how is that any different from what happens and has happened under the democrats?  the democratic party is as beholden to big tech, amazon, et al as republicans.

35 minutes ago, buddha said:

how is that any different from what happens and has happened under the democrats?  the democratic party is as beholden to big tech, amazon, et al as republicans.

John Deere union labor had better watch out before the ownership of that company moves their factories to the Parcel Islands or some previously unknown seamount off Hainan island. 

35 minutes ago, buddha said:

One of the big differences I see is the democrats want to tax the corporations more to pay their "fair share."  In today's global economy the corporations hold all the cards.   They will shop around to find their best deal to build their factories. If a city, state or country want to raise their taxes they pull up stakes and move to another city, state or country and the jobs go away.  I wish we could tax the corporations to pay their fair share but everyone needs the jobs and what tax money they can get.  This was different years ago when it wasn't so easy to move a factory over seas and ship goods back to the US.

3 hours ago, Archie said:

One of the big differences I see is the democrats want to tax the corporations more to pay their "fair share."  In today's global economy the corporations hold all the cards.   They will shop around to find their best deal to build their factories. If a city, state or country want to raise their taxes they pull up stakes and move to another city, state or country and the jobs go away.  I wish we could tax the corporations to pay their fair share but everyone needs the jobs and what tax money they can get.  This was different years ago when it wasn't so easy to move a factory over seas and ship goods back to the US.

actually this democrat would be happy to see corporate income tax disappear - as long as every income earner above ~250K had to pay a stiff absolute minimum tax and every dividend and stock option was valued and taxed as regular income.

Edited by gehringer_2

4 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

actually this democrat would be happy to see corporate income tax disappear - as long as every income earner above ~250K had to pay a stiff absolute minimum tax and every dividend and stock option was valued and taxed as regular income.

everyone who has a 401(k) disagrees with you 

4 minutes ago, buddha said:

everyone who has a 401(k) disagrees with you 

Why - 401K are retirement accounts - you don't pay the tax until you take it out. If anything stock values would go up as US companies immediately became more competitive. Plus we'd get to tick off the Euro's again, which is always fun.

16 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Why - 401K are retirement accounts - you don't pay the tax until you take it out. If anything stock values would go up as US companies immediately became more competitive. Plus we'd get to tick off the Euro's again, which is always fun.

lol.  stock prices would not go up because people would look for other places to invest their money to not pay your new taxes.  come on.