2022 Preseason Thread

slothfacekilla

59 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

It looks like the game tonight will be on ESPN+/Bally for locals

if youre an nhl fan, you really should have espn+.  its great for the nhl (and soccer).

as someone who used to wake up at 530 am and trudge to the bar to watch united play, its great that you can see almost every soccer game now.  the downside is that theyre all on different streaming services. 

paramount + for italy, argentina, brazil, and the champions league/europa league

peacock for english premier league

espn+ for spain, dutch, german, belgian, english championship

unfortunately for me, my french league is captured by BeIn sports and that's the one im not paying for (stupid qataris).  at least with the others my wife watches shows on those two which makes it easier to pay for.  except espn+ which is almost a must as a sports fan now.

btw, if you have a hulu subscription you can watch espn+ on it.

• Thanks 1

I haven't been glued to the game with work going still, but it seems like Edvinsson is making some good plays out there.  I've liked what I've seen from him and Elmer.

edit: he had a giveaway in the neutral zone like right after I posted this of course, got it out of the zone at least...

Edited by slothfacekilla

3 hours ago, buddha said:

if youre an nhl fan, you really should have espn+.  its great for the nhl (and soccer).

as someone who used to wake up at 530 am and trudge to the bar to watch united play, its great that you can see almost every soccer game now.  the downside is that theyre all on different streaming services. 

paramount + for italy, argentina, brazil, and the champions league/europa league

peacock for english premier league

espn+ for spain, dutch, german, belgian, english championship

unfortunately for me, my french league is captured by BeIn sports and that's the one im not paying for (stupid qataris).  at least with the others my wife watches shows on those two which makes it easier to pay for.  except espn+ which is almost a must as a sports fan now.

btw, if you have a hulu subscription you can watch espn+ on it.

Last year in Canada DAZN had the Premier League, Champions League, Nations League and Football Championship plus NFL Sunday Ticket, all for C$25 per month. Pretty good deal. But now Premier League got snagged by Fubo for a separate $25/mth. 

Edited by lordstanley

1 hour ago, slothfacekilla said:

I haven't been glued to the game with work going still, but it seems like Edvinsson is making some good plays out there.  I've liked what I've seen from him and Elmer.

edit: he had a giveaway in the neutral zone like right after I posted this of course, got it out of the zone at least...

i havent been impressed with edvinsson.  kocharski for the hawks has been much more impressive.  faster and more active offensively.

edvinsson has turned it over a ton.

I feel like Seider really spoiled Wings fans regarding other defense prospects.  Edvinsson looks to me like a kid who is still processing the NHL speed and with the smaller ice surface.  He's trying to make the Wings a year younger than Seider did.  Did he make mistakes? Definitely.  But he also showed really nice instincts in his own zone at times and has the toolbox to make the plays.  I was loving what I was seeing even if it wasn't perfect. Some time in the AHL should do him wonders but I feel like expectations are way too high or people are being way too harsh on him.

• Like 1

Lineup tonight!

Lines according to ansar at morning skate:

Kubalik-Rasmussen-Zadina

Spezia-Suter-Erne

Soderblom-Czarnik-Andreasson

Hirose-Worrad-Shine

Chiarot-Hronek

Edvinsson-Lindstrom

Sebrango-Kampfer

Husso and Brattstrom in goal.

Some cut downs already too: The Detroit Red Wings today released forwards Ivan Ivan, Riley Piercey and Jake Uberti from their amateur tryouts.

59 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

Lineup tonight!

Lines according to ansar at morning skate:

Kubalik-Rasmussen-Zadina

Spezia-Suter-Erne

Soderblom-Czarnik-Andreasson

Hirose-Worrad-Shine

Chiarot-Hronek

Edvinsson-Lindstrom

Sebrango-Kampfer

Husso and Brattstrom in goal.

Some cut downs already too: The Detroit Red Wings today released forwards Ivan Ivan, Riley Piercey and Jake Uberti from their amateur tryouts.

well riley, we'll always have that four goal game in the prospects camp...

much better game tonight.  dominated the hawks.  controlled the whole second period and made the hawks look stupid.

raymond with a couple great plays.  great backchecks leading to goals.  vrana with a great pass to set up raymond for his goal.

its just preseason so it doesnt matter, but this was their best performance so far.  much better than their last two outings for sure.

LaLonde quoted about Veleno in today DetNews:

He was in the right spot on the defensive side of the puck, playing maybe a little more cautious but playing on the right layer of the puck, but was allowing extended zone time.

"We'd like to see him go harder and get more kills in the defensive zone. 

This could be Blashills epitaph for the whole team for the last couple of seasons.

Edited by gehringer_2

I'm really curious to see what the Wings look like defensively under Lalonde. Under Blashill, they played like they were the slowest skating team in the league - sooo soft and cautious in their own end it was hard to explain short of them all (maybe excepting Bert, Larkin and Seider) believing they were going to get beat if they played any more aggressively - i.e. they either couldn't or at least didn't have the confidence they could skate with the other team. If they actually do have enough speed to play successfully like a 'normally' aggressive team, it's going to be a huge indictment of what Blashill was coaching. If they really don't have the speed and end up constantly getting beat, Lalonde is going to be one unhappy camper! :classic_ohmy:

Edited by gehringer_2

they lost tonight to pittsburgh, but they played really well.  outshot them.  got robbed a few times by pitt's goalie.  they continue to look really good in the preseason.  much better than last year.

bert played tonight, so that's good.  if copp can ever come back they might be a pretty interesting team this season.