Week Fifteen: Detroit Lions (6-7) @ New York Jets (7-6)

MichiganCardinal

Just now, 1984Echoes said:

I think Okudah is good... but like buddha, I don't believe he's "very good". He's had multiple PI's in the end zone, not just this game (which they didn't call an obvious one on him... lucky for the Lions).

He can cover... but he's not gifted and can be beat, or PI'd when he knows he's beat.

Can he get better? Don't know.

But I'm not arguing against a 1st round CB in next year's draft at all...

Especially if the Rams pick drops closer to top 10 rather than top 5... I'm looking at that pick for CB.

a cb is a must in this draft.  two cbs might be good too.

• Thanks 1

I would have called a timeout after the 2nd down sack, but I understand not doing so. You only have two, so if you take them both on that drive (not expecting an incompletion on 3rd), then you have none to drive the entire field.

The play calling though has left something to be desired. It’s definitely partially on Goff. He’s missed a couple throws he needs to make. Start just overthrowing JaMo and let him go get it!!

But four runs after 1st & Goal… check down looks on 3rd & long… just frustrating.

7 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Thanks Evan Brown................this is on you !

+1.

On that 2nd holding, he should have bull-punched the guy in the chest as hard as he could... the defender would've gone flying out of bounds... instead, he grabbed the outside of the shoulder pads (announcers called it) and gets the holding. Shoulda crushed the guy...

1 minute ago, MichiganCardinal said:

... But four runs after 1st & Goal… 

On that last run when they went to Jamaal again... I screamed "NO!" as soon as he handed it off and then "BOOTLEG it dammit!"

At that point I think everyone in the stadium knew it was going to Jamaal and he subsequently got swarmed by 4 Jets defenders before he got to the line of scrimmage. Not certain if a bootleg would've worked there... but they're going to have to start faking it to Jamaal in a play-action or bootleg or other because teams are getting wise...

3 minutes ago, buddha said:

this is the 4th top 10 defense the lions have played this year.  the third one on the road.  in the first two(dallas and new england) the offense didnt play well.  its not a huge surprise theyre struggling today too.

They look better than they did against either New England or Dallas, they’re just coming up a little short.

Until this drive!! 🤞🏻