Week Eighteen: Detroit Lions (8-8) @ Green Bay Packers (8-8)

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I think the NFL and everyone else is on notice next year from the Lions.   Yes, they will absolutely  be the favorite for the NFC North, and some may even say........well you know............ but a lot can change between now and the new season but the Lions are going to be extremely fired up next year.......

It’s almost like a member of the media sat on a story until the day it would have the biggest impact.  This is unheard of!

While I personally don't think we would've played any different you can't say for sure if the game would've played out the same if Seattle won. Maybe our guys play just a little tighter knowing that the playoffs are at stake, again I personally don't think this but you just never know how players are going to react. Still sucks though that the refs may have costed us that chance. 

Super Wildcard Weekend really demonstrates the tiers that exist in the NFL. There are 8 or so really good teams and then everybody else.

I think the Lions would have been competitive with the 49ers. I’m not sure they would have won. The 49ers are a complete team. You can plug and play a rookie 7th rounder and still win. The Lions aren’t as complete and I think the 49ers offensive line would have had success moving the ball on the ground.

• 1 month later...