Super Bowl Gameday Thread: Kansas City Chiefs vs. Philadelphia Eagles

Mr.TaterSalad

1 minute ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

When you watch this game and think of what the Lions need to be able to beat one of these two teams, what do you think it is that we still need? I know we hung tight with the Eagles week 1 and almost won, but what else do we still need to matchup with elite teams like the Chiefs and Eagles?

Counterintuitively to the consensus of this off-season, I think it’s even more offensive firepower. The team that wins tonight will score over 30. The defense just needs to be competent.

4 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

When you watch this game and think of what the Lions need to be able to beat one of these two teams, what do you think it is that we still need? I know we hung tight with the Eagles week 1 and almost won, but what else do we still need to matchup with elite teams like the Chiefs and Eagles?

I think the offense is there. The Lions need more athletic linebackers and secondary. Hurts isn't running as free as he was against the Lions. 

9 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Counterintuitively to the consensus of this off-season, I think it’s even more offensive firepower. The team that wins tonight will score over 30. The defense just needs to be competent.

Do you think we have the defense to contain a Hurts or Mahomes enough that if we get to 30-35 we can hold our own and win?

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

1 minute ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Do you think we have the defense to contain a Hurts or Mahomes enough that if we get to 30-35 we can hold our own and win?

I don't. Kansas City and Philadelphia both look like they have more sideline to sideline speed on defense and I don't think the Lions can guard Kelce. The Lions offense can put up the points. 

9 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I think the offense is there. The Lions need more athletic linebackers and secondary. Hurts isn't running as free as he was against the Lions. 

That's the thing, I don't think we have a guy on this defense that can cover a Kelce or Goddert over the middle. Maybe Rodrigo can, maybe Tracy Walker or Okudah. But I'm with you, it really feels like having a LB who can cover sideline to sideline, and not get crushed in open field over the middle, would be a huge boon for this defense.