Super Bowl Gameday Thread: Kansas City Chiefs vs. Philadelphia Eagles

Mr.TaterSalad

5 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Not to second guess Andy Reid but I think I would go for two there. In a game of top tier offenses with less than 10 minutes to go, I trust my offense to get a two-point conversion more than I trust my defense to stop one. And worst case you’re still up 7.

Bumping this as it’s now tied.

25 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

When you watch this game and think of what the Lions need to be able to beat one of these two teams, what do you think it is that we still need? I know we hung tight with the Eagles week 1 and almost won, but what else do we still need to matchup with elite teams like the Chiefs and Eagles?

A Travis Kelce.

Just now, MichiganCardinal said:

What’s the relative benefit of a Travis Kelce taking a route from the line versus an Amon-Ra St. Brown from the slot? Kelce isn’t used to block very often, if at all.

I mentioned it before but St Brown in a weird way is like the Lions TE. He works the middle of the field and is also an excellent blocker for a receiver. I would say Kelce has the advantage in the end zone due to his size. 

• Like 1

Just now, Motor City Sonics said:

TE by committee worked very very well after T.J. left.   Another fail by Quintricia, by the way.  

Hockenson was 2nd among TEs in receptions in yards. In Minnesota he was on pace for over 100 receptions. The Lions did fine without Hockenson but he was better than the TEs the Lions used after him. 

4 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

What’s the relative benefit of a Travis Kelce taking a route from the line versus an Amon-Ra St. Brown from the slot? Kelce isn’t used to block very often, if at all.

The benefit is that you have two of them, of course you want a te who can also occasionally handle a de inline.