NBA Info - May 2023

17 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Not sure I can recall ever hearing something like this.  Maybe I am just reading too much into the under any circumstances part.

Looking over his basketball reference page, who does this dude think he is?  Antics aside, his numbers suggest he is a net negative to his team possession after possession and season after season.

1 hour ago, casimir said:

Looking over his basketball reference page, who does this dude think he is?  Antics aside, his numbers suggest he is a net negative to his team possession after possession and season after season.

He has Andre Drummond disease - no self awareness whatsoever. Kid thinks he should be a star and shoot on every play even though he's terrible at every type of shot.

1 hour ago, Betrayer said:

He has Andre Drummond disease - no self awareness whatsoever. Kid thinks he should be a star and shoot on every play even though he's terrible at every type of shot.

There's just not a lot of numerics that I saw that support him being a winning player.  When he's on the court, the Grizzlies give up more than they score themselves.  And its been throughout his career, whether he has started or come off of the bench.  The shooting isn't all that good.  My guess is they've liked him for his moxie or whatever.

So which line did he cross, the moxie line or the contract line?  I bet some truth serum says both even though Memphis is going to play this on the advocacy of behavior.  And to their credit, they do need to watch that given that Morant stepped in it and got suspended.

He turned them from an up and coming team that people want to root for into a laughing stock that people hate. Yeah, Ja helped with his off-court garbage, but Brooks took it to another level. Add that to the fact that the flashes of offense he showed occasionally last year have fizzled into nothing, and I'm not surprised they want to cut ties with that head case.

I'm not buying Mobley over Bam on first team, but I guess this was done before Mobley got exposed in the playoffs and Miami showed out.

Honestly, my Mobley stock is down overall. I see him as a high-end role player, not the superstar people were labelling him as in his rookie year. More of a Serge Ibaka than a Chris Bosh. His flaws are well hidden by having elite scorers in the backcourt and an All-Star center next to him, allowing him to roam and just fill in the blanks rather than lead responsibilities on either end.

You wont find a bigger Bam fan than me.  But he was lucky to even make 2nd team this year.  Claxton should have been there.  More blocks, better rim protector, defended the most isolation plays for bigs.  

They say you make these teams a year after you actually deserve it.  So I expect Claxton to be there next year.

Becky Hammon is a name we haven't heard.  I sort of wish we were interviewing her rather than someone like Ollie.  She went out and got some HC experience (and a title) in the WNBA.  I can respect that.

From ESPN:

Redick is one of more than a dozen candidates who have talked with the Raptors in a wide-ranging search process, sources said. ESPN reported recently that Toronto had gained permission to interview several candidates, including Golden State's Kenny Atkinson, Milwaukee's Charles Lee, Phoenix's Kevin Young, San Antonio's Mitch Johnson, Sacramento's Jordi Fernandez, Memphis' Darko Rajakovic and Las Vegas Aces coach Becky Hammon. Current Raptors assistant Adrian Griffin is also an interview candidate for the job, sources said.

Edited by Deleterious

Not sure he is right about Fox.

It was a pick swap with Philly.  Philadelphia had the right to swap picks with Sacramento and they did.  Philly taking the #3 and Sacramento moving down to #5.  But Sacramento made the Fox pick.  So I think he is eligible.  

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Becky Hammon is a name we haven't heard.  I sort of wish we were interviewing her rather than someone like Ollie.  She went out and got some HC experience (and a title) in the WNBA.  I can respect that.

From ESPN:

Interesting that Reddick is now in the coaching mix for a head coaching job. Has he ever been an assistant or coached at any level?

Becky's name gets tossed around a lot on Pistons Reddit, but the name I'm disappointed I haven't heard is Chris Quinn. Then again, Miami is the type of organization to deny access until after the playoffs and maybe the Pistons didn't want to wait until then.