NBA Info - May 2023

1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

He needs to leave his old life behind and separate from his childhood best friend, Davonte Pack.  He’s the guy in the car video.  He’s the guy in the pointing a gun at the 17 year old incident.  He’s the guy in the red laser that may or many not be a gun sight pointed at the driver of another car issue.  He’s the one banned from the home arena for trying to fight the Pacers bench,   If he’s going to stay with him the career is over and they both will probably end up in jail for killing someone in the very near future.  

yeah, but he's keeping it real.  that's the important thing.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

After what I've read about him in the locker room, I don't even understand how he gets an interview.

does he have a powerful agent or something?  i dont know how he gets interviews either after all the stunts he pulled in the past.

As somebody else brought up on here, as long as he keeps hanging with the same crowd he's going to keep doing the same dumb crap.

If the high profile incident and suspension this past year which potentially cost him an All NBA spot and in turn 10s of millions of dollars on his next extension didnt change him what makes you think anything will?

Edited by RandyMarsh

Just now, buddha said:

what do you think?  

Arenas took a gun to an arena, which is team/league property.  Ja did nothing wrong other than provide some terrible optics.  Even if Silver bangs him for a big amount of games, the union isn't going to sit by and allow that.

9 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I'm pretty ignorant to gun laws but has it been confirmed that he didn't break any laws? 

he was in concealed carry states, iirc.  he didnt break any laws.

he didnt break any laws in denver either and he got suspended for 8 games (6 by the team and the league tacked on another 2).

30 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Arenas took a gun to an arena, which is team/league property.  Ja did nothing wrong other than provide some terrible optics.  Even if Silver bangs him for a big amount of games, the union isn't going to sit by and allow that.

what's the union going to do about it?  hem and haw?  "conduct detrimental to the league" is quite broad and allows the league a lot of leeway.

i dont think he'll get 50 games.  i do think he'll probably get 20-25.  that said, i dont think its out of the realm of possibility he gets more than that.  its terrible optics for the league AND he made the commish look stupid and weak.  the league will punish that.

19 minutes ago, buddha said:

he was in concealed carry states, iirc.  he didnt break any laws.

he didnt break any laws in denver either and he got suspended for 8 games (6 by the team and the league tacked on another 2).

I think the deal with the Denver incident was that the league put two and two together and realized that the only way he'd have that gun there was if he took it on the team plane which is against the rules.