Investing

Motown Bombers

15 hours ago, Deleterious said:

We just gave everyone across the board a 13% raise.  5% of it was their annual raise they normally get at the start of the fiscal year in a month.  The rest is just a cost of living raise.

Inflation sucks.

Bravo! Good for you D.

My grocery and utility bills have went nuts. Winter coming, watch the price of natty - already a good trade this year.

BEATS HEAD INTO WALL

I was watching it - oh, hey, lookie here - of course didn't buy any. dumbass, but I digress...

1lb of bacon that used to be 6 bucks is now 12. Eggs from a buck to 3. Anyone watching have read the articles about the record number of people who can't pay their utilities, along with the increasing number of people living paycheck to paycheck, an so on; IOW, not good economic indicators.

Europe is a hot mess. Reports of aluminum plants shutting down due to energy costs which will eventually lead to shortages and supply chain issues. Once again the giant spider web of global logistics and just in time delivery take a bite our of our ass.

That chain feeds the plants we do have here.  Read jobs to be lost - here.

People would never believe how much time is devoted to "process map" every little thing that happens in manufacturing and how it happens.  Mass produced products via an assembly line need something to happen every "X" amount of time - and it needs to get there at the right time - all the time.

It works great as drawn up, but when it doesn't, it becomes a mess.  If you don't believe me I would look to the work of W. Edwards Deming.

Aluminum is only one example.

Can the gyro be re-calibrated - and if it can - how long will it take and what was the damage?

We are about to find out.

I don't doubt you could, and I think you are lucky on the customer part.  Maybe because it's a restaurant.

I frequent two grocery stores and one gas station.  I like to talk to the ladies to see what our public is like.  All of them tell me it has not been good.  People are pissed off, nasty, and mean.  They want to bitch at someone and these poor girls get it.

The lady at Kroger I talk to has been there over 25 years.  She told me she has been yelled at more in the last two years than her entire time there.  Some of that was due to COVID.  I don't doubt it.

People are so stupid.  It's not those girls fault prices are what they are, or things are missing from the shelves, but that's who they take it out on. 

I don't expect it to get better any time soon.

‘I expect a tsunami of shutoffs’: 20M American households now can't afford to pay their utility bills on time — here are 3 simple ways to drop your monthly costs

It has been hot and I have had the air on a lot, but my last two months bills have been the highest ever, and almost twice what they normally would for this time of year.

And I just love the electric bills anyway.  About half of it is for kilowatts used, and the rest is fees, misc. charges, and bullshit.  Customer charge $10.00.  Thanks pricks.

Crude oil was up 4 percent the other day, but got jack-hammered yesterday.  But that little 4 percent jump caused the pump price to go up .20.  Thanks again.

My regular stocks are all over the place, up and down, but my kids MESP accounts.....they are invested in the most bland low growth and almost no risk funds somehow lost a grand over the last year....I do not check these regularly and every month they get deposited to and once a year on their birthday we dump a bit more from family making contributions instead of gifts.  I have not researched it a ton yet, but have no idea where that 1k went.  It is weird.

On 8/31/2022 at 9:47 AM, Deleterious said:

We just gave everyone across the board a 13% raise.  5% of it was their annual raise they normally get at the start of the fiscal year in a month.  The rest is just a cost of living raise.

Inflation sucks.

Great!  I got 2.75% and they called it a merit raise!  Most people got less.  

On 9/1/2022 at 11:54 AM, John_Brian_K said:

My regular stocks are all over the place, up and down, but my kids MESP accounts.....they are invested in the most bland low growth and almost no risk funds somehow lost a grand over the last year....I do not check these regularly and every month they get deposited to and once a year on their birthday we dump a bit more from family making contributions instead of gifts.  I have not researched it a ton yet, but have no idea where that 1k went.  It is weird.

And it's gone!

Edited by Tiger337

37 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Link to FINVIZ

The link above will show what that article is saying.  Meme junkie stock played by the retail/robinhood players and his recent millions of stock sales.

I suspect he was in the same boat in some sort of way as this guy some may remember; The Incredible Rise and Final Hours of Fracking King Aubrey McClendon

He chose a bridge to drive into.