NBA Info - July 2023

On 7/6/2023 at 9:17 PM, Deleterious said:

Paul George was traded to LAC four years ago. Here is what OKC received.

SGA

Danilo Gallinari

Tre Mann

Jalen Williams

2024 LAC first round pick. Unprotected.

2026 LAC first round pick. Unprotected.

2025 right to pick swap with LAC.

Future Miami first round pick.

This is the main reason why teams like OKC and Orlando are ahead of the Pistons. These guys had star players to dangle as assets while Weaver was handed a broken Blake Griffin that he had to wait a year to buy out. Must have been nice for Presti and Orlando GM not to mention Houston and San Antonio who sold off their stars for a bundle of futures. Weaver turned Grant into Duren which is the extent of his chest of real assets.

32 minutes ago, NYLion said:

This is the main reason why teams like OKC and Orlando are ahead of the Pistons. These guys had star players to dangle as assets while Weaver was handed a broken Blake Griffin that he had to wait a year to buy out. Must have been nice for Presti and Orlando GM not to mention Houston and San Antonio who sold off their stars for a bundle of futures. Weaver turned Grant into Duren which is the extent of his chest of real assets.

And Presti doesn't screw up drafts like Weaver does.  That is probably the larger point here.  Especially since I believe Detroit has the same amount of first round picks as OKC since Weaver arrived in Detroit.

Weaver screwed himself with that Hayes draft.  Missing on a top 7 pick and then going out to attain more picks and bringing back a mediocre return hurt him right out of the gate.  

Fournier comes off as a big douche here, and not just because he is French.

Rose has never said one word publicly about his benching.  So bad move from Fournier bringing Rose into it like that.  And after Fournier was benched, the Knicks improved a lot.  So it was probably the right move.

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

And Presti doesn't screw up drafts like Weaver does.  That is probably the larger point here.  Especially since I believe Detroit has the same amount of first round picks as OKC since Weaver arrived in Detroit.

Weaver screwed himself with that Hayes draft.  Missing on a top 7 pick and then going out to attain more picks and bringing back a mediocre return hurt him right out of the gate.  

Yeah, you need to make the most of your draft picks which Weaver struck out with in his first draft although I'd say that Stewart is fine for a #16 pick while Presti has been a drafting savant for the most part.

With that said, he had a Paul George to dangle for a major return just as Orlando had with Vucevic and Gordon, Houston with Harden, San Antonio with Murray, Utah with Mitchell and Gobert etc.  Then again, you need to draft and develop well to turn these guys into assets but still... Weaver was a victim of the previous regimes failures, speak of Mitchell for example.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Fournier comes off as a big douche here, and not just because he is French.

Rose has never said one word publicly about his benching.  So bad move from Fournier bringing Rose into it like that.  And after Fournier was benched, the Knicks improved a lot.  So it was probably the right move.

The French are assholes. Sorry @buddha

2 hours ago, buddha said:

totally false.  my wife and daughter are there right now having a wonderful time, as we always do.

and kind of ironic coming from someone with "new york" in their title.

I was joking my friend. That's a line from Dumb and Dumber, I probably should have clarified.

And yes, there's a lot of assholes in NYC and I'm not joking. Not as many as L.A. though, talk about overrated cities in terms of living quality unless you're rich but I digress.

Edited by NYLion
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NYLion said:

not as many as L.A. though, talk about overrated cities in terms of living quality unless you're rich but I digress.

I've had family and close friends in SoCal for 30 yrs and have spent a fair amount of time there. My overall impression is that if you had moved there with the Dodgers in 1958 it was probably pretty close to paradise. It would still be an amazingly nice place to live if only half the people that are there weren't.

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

I've had family and close friends in SoCal for 30 yrs and have spent a fair amount of time there. My overall impression is that if you had moved there with the Dodgers in 1958 it was probably pretty close to paradise. It would still be an amazingly nice place to live if only half the people that are there weren't.

my buddy's mom bought a house in the LA burbs for about $20k back in the 60s.  she now pays next to nothing in property taxes on a house worth $1.5 million.

and its not even a nice house!

getting there when the dodgers got there turned out to be quite lucrative.

1 hour ago, NYLion said:

I was joking my friend. That's a line from Dumb and Dumber, I probably should have clarified.

And yes, there's a lot of assholes in NYC and I'm not joking. Not as many as L.A. though, talk about overrated cities in terms of living quality unless you're rich but I digress.

my bad.  i'm scarred by del's continuing anti-french attitude.  🙂