NBA Info - July 2023

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

ESPN said Lillard's agent has been calling potential trade partners telling them not to trade for Dame. They would be trading for a very unhappy player.

This goes back to what I said about the Beal trade, yeah Beal had a NTC but in reality all these star players have a NTC whether its written or not cause they can control where they want to go knowing that its highly unlikely a team will trade for them if they know they don't want to go there. 

Just takes an owner with some backbone.

I would immediately announce we are no longer looking to trade Lillard.  Then announce he will continue to have full access to training/medical facilities/staff.  He will not be allowed to participate in practice or training camp.  He will not be allowed to attend any team functions.  And he will never wear a Portland uniform again.

People will say that is extreme and you are losing value on him, but you really aren't.  Having to take a bunch of crap from Miami that I don't want isn't value.  You are required to pay 90% of the cap anyway, so paying him is no problem.  You have two very nice pieces in Sharpe and Scoot to begin your rebuild.  You are going to lose a lot of games the next 3 years either way.  Do it in a way that lets you take back a little control.

My guess is Lillard would approve a few more trade destinations after you announced that.

• Thanks 1

Paul George was traded to LAC four years ago. Here is what OKC received.

SGA

Danilo Gallinari

Tre Mann

Jalen Williams

2024 LAC first round pick. Unprotected.

2026 LAC first round pick. Unprotected.

2025 right to pick swap with LAC.

Future Miami first round pick.

1 minute ago, Deleterious said:

New York Post reporting today the Jeff Van Gundy is exploring his coaching options now that he was let go by ESPN.

i wouldnt hire van gundy.  he's been out of the game too long.  announcing is not coaching.

The two best prospects not in the NBA are Cooper Flagg and Cameron Boozer.  Both will be juniors in high school this year and are playing in this weekends Peach Jam AAU tournament.

Last night, Flagg had 34 points, 20 rebounds, 10 blocks, and 5 assists.  And that was the second game he played that day.  Earlier in the morning he had 37/12/10/6. 

Flagg's team goes up against Boozer's team today in the championship game.  You can watch it on ESPNU at 2PM.

Well, Boozer was great but it was Cayden and not Cam that did the damage.  21 points and 15 assists while Cam had foul trouble and only had 5 or 6 points.  Cayden is a top 50 prospect himself so no shock there really.

Flagg wasn't great but still was pretty good.  3 games in the last 24 hours has to be tiring him out a bit, even at his age.  Most have Cam ranked higher but to me Flagg is better.  Elite sorcerer at all three levels.  Insanely good help side defender and great rim protector.  FWIW, Flagg was playing against 3 guys on the other team ranked in their classes top 50, with Cam being #1.  So it was good competition.  

Fly all three over to Vegas and let them play the rest of the week.

36 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Even though they failed, that was a very nice move by the Jazz.  Utah isn't making the 2nd round this year so that clause was never kicking in for them.  But it will for Philly.

philly still has harden on their team, so if round one goes 7 games there is a great chance they dont have to guarantee Reed's deal.