NBA Info - July 2023

51 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Maybe the lottery Gods will actually be nice to us in the 2026 Draft and we can get Flagg or Boozer.

lol, oh randy.

we'll get the #1 pick next year because there are no top players available.  is this your first draft rodeo?  lol.

• Like 1

Zero chance he holds out.  Maybe a day, maybe a week.  But he is owed something like $50M this season.  He is not passing that up.

Plus, in the NBA when you hold out the clock on your contract stops.  So he has 4 years left, if he sat out a year, he would have 4 years left when he gets back.  So Portland is under no pressure here.

38 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

I'm glad they made these changes, but refereeing that flop penalty is going to be interesting. I wonder if they're going to do it on the fly or if they'll have to go to video each time to make that call.

Indeed.  And will flop calls be subject to challenge?

• Like 1

The more I think about it, the more I imagine it'll be like the 3 second call, the carry, the moving screen, or the lane violation. They'll call it enough to try to deter flopping due to the threat of the call, but it won't be consistent and they'll miss it most of the time.

On 7/11/2023 at 7:22 PM, Deleterious said:

Nate Silver is currently 72nd in the world series of poker main event. 300 or so left.

He was a good limit player back in the day.

Busted out in 87th and took home $92,000.  He flopped a set of 6's and lost to a guy that flopped a set of 7's.

Edited by Deleterious

18 hours ago, Betrayer said:

The more I think about it, the more I imagine it'll be like the 3 second call, the carry, the moving screen, or the lane violation. They'll call it enough to try to deter flopping due to the threat of the call, but it won't be consistent and they'll miss it most of the time.

Joe D confirmed this in his interview during the Piston's 3rd Summer League game. He basically said they're only going after the most egregious examples of flopping. You won't see it called the 100 other times it happens during a game.