07/08/2023 1:10 pm EDT Toronto Blue Jays vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

1 hour ago, Crazy Cat Gentleman said:

Dan didn't say why he's out, just that he's out all weekend.

I heard Dan say two games ago he was taking an extended All-Star break and enjoy some family time in west Michigan. 

Probably his first true summer vacation in 30+ years.

Thoughts on Jim and Greg: Greg interrupted Jim several times early in the game yesterday,  so they don't have their timing down at all. Later in the game Greg got better by asking Jim questions and letting him speak. I just think Greg likes to talk a whole lot and fill all the space. Does anyone know if he is solo in Erie? That may have a lot to do with it.

10 minutes ago, CMU97 said:

I heard Dan say two games ago he was taking an extended All-Star break and enjoy some family time in west Michigan. 

Probably his first true summer vacation in 30+ years.

Thoughts on Jim and Greg: Greg interrupted Jim several times early in the game yesterday,  so they don't have their timing down at all. Later in the game Greg got better by asking Jim questions and letting him speak. I just think Greg likes to talk a whole lot and fill all the space. Does anyone know if he is solo in Erie? That may have a lot to do with it.

Not listening but there is a rhythm to co-hosting a show and it takes a few turns to find it.     And yes, Jim isn't sharp and probably should retire and that's making it worse.    Jim's a nice guy and he's done this a long time, and he's never been what anyone would call eloquent, but it's time,  it's been time since the pandemic.   Some guys don't ever want to quit because they feel like it will be the end of them.    When Bear Bryant announced his retirement someone asked him what he'd do next and he quipped "I'll probably croak in a week", and he did four weeks after his last game. 

Edited by Motor City Sonics

4 minutes ago, Crazy Cat Gentleman said:

My opinion that Jim has been way off his game since his hiatus in late May still stands, though.

I agree. I was listening with my last night and told her it was time for Jim to hang up his spikes. She asked me how long he had been with the Tigers, and I said on and off since 1967. She said if you were the same team 55 + years you started, and you were in your 80's still doing what you loved, would you quit?

She has a point.

15 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

With Foley’s help, the Jays have been held hitler through 8. 

Im not judging you that your auto correct changes words to hitler.

Im also not judging the mods that the site censors the word **** (Gradey’s last name) but it’s ok to say hitler.  

• Haha 1