07/08/2023 1:10 pm EDT Toronto Blue Jays vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

Just now, jz68 said:

Seems really weird to me that this is only the 20th combined no hitter in MLB history.  Would have thought there were a lot more than that.  

What percent of the last ten, twenty, thirty no hitters are combined I wonder?

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I would imagine that with pre-2000 being "Is your arm still attached?", that it's probably much more likely lately. 

I remember Billy Chapel's no hitter.  He had NOTHING left at the end, but when a guy is in the last season, then why not let it ride? 

16 minutes ago, chasfh said:

The first combined no hitter was in 1917 and the second came in 1967.  12 have come in the last 20 years.  

The first one is hilarious.  Babe Ruth walked the first batter, got into an argument with the ump, punched him in the mouth and got ejected and then Ernie Shore came in and retired 26 in a row after the guy that walked was thrown out trying to steal second.  

Edited by jz68
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, CMU97 said:

I agree. I was listening with my last night and told her it was time for Jim to hang up his spikes. She asked me how long he had been with the Tigers, and I said on and off since 1967. She said if you were the same team 55 + years you started, and you were in your 80's still doing what you loved, would you quit?

She has a point.

I’m not sure what connection Price has to Chris Illitch, but I think his dad basically promised him a job for as long as he wanted it.

Besides, who really wants to be the guy that fired Jim Price

On the way to the store after the game, I made the mistake of turning on the Ticket. Some caller was bitching about Hinch pulling Manning, and Riger was agreeing with him. What is wrong with these people? The Tigers no-hit a decent lineup, and instead of celebrating, they bitch about the fact that it's a combined no-no. I can't imagine going through life this way, lol.

• Thanks 1