11/27/2023 7:00pm EST Washington Wizards at Detroit Pistons

casimir

6 hours ago, Deleterious said:

What do you do with this mess?  I guess you play out the remainder of the season and hope things gel a bit more.

Here is the quarter of a billion dollar question.  Cade is extension eligible this summer.  What do you do with that?

They have to let things play out to see what they have.  Part of the early season issues are the new coaching staff and probably too much youth / inexperience on the floor.

As far as Cunningham is concerned, there's plenty of time between now and then to decide.  He needs to stay healthy and play, its that simple.

8 hours ago, buddha said:

if there was do you think weaver would draft him?

all the best prospects (and i use that term loosely) are bigs who cant shoot but are good/great athletes.  weaver will love this class.

i cant see how weaver will be the one making the picks next year.  even tom gores isnt that stoopid.  the franchise is becoming a national embarassment.  getting booed off the floor in a 1/3 filled arena will even make someone at platinum equity text tom at his coke filled party to do something.  i mean, people might come to think gores has no clue what he's doing.  what's next?  people mocking the gores banner?  we cant have that...

It's a nightmare. The Pistons are now paying for the winning they did in two extended Championship windows in the past.

It's odd because I don't think they're that much less talented than the Magic or the Pacers but they are light years behind both. What is it about this culture that brings out the least in their players? Is it the depressing Detroit winters? Is it coaching? Is it the water? I know it's a team of mostly young guys but there isn't a lack of talent with the core. It's either continuous 4th quarter collapses or not competitive at all and it's getting worse all the time.

• Like 1

I feel like you got to extend Cade but surely he is going to want out and play for a winner right or atleast a team that looks like they are heading in the right direction?

If so what would the market be for him if we were to assume he stays healthy this year and performs at a similar rate as he has thus far this year?

Edited by RandyMarsh

Truly pitiful.

And that press conference was a travesty. Monty comes out and answers one question with an attitude as if he's mad at the media and it's their fault. Then the supposed leaders on this team throw Livers under the bus and send him out there after his second game back from injury.

Something is truly broken about this team and this organization. Yea, it's a poorly constructed roster and Monty made it worse by throwing the first dozen games out the window, but it goes beyond that.

National media is talking about this, so it's not going to be long before Gores steps in, if he hasn't already. Question is, what's he going to do? Fire Weaver? Fire the coach he just massively overpaid?

My bigger fear is that Weaver starts to feel the heat and makes an SVG move to save his job. Say hello to Zach Lavine, aka the next Blake Griffin.