11/27/2023 7:00pm EST Washington Wizards at Detroit Pistons

casimir

isaiah livers, the guy the pistons slobbery media has been telling us is somehow the lynchpin to this team's success finishes a whopping -26.

maybe....just maybe....the pistons media might actually question the direction of the team after this loss.

nyah, they'll say it would have been different if bogey was there.

I like JEIII saying the Pistons don't want to make any panic moves instead they want to see what they are like when they are healthy. Dude unless they have prime MJ hurt on the roster they aren't going to be anything but horrible even when they are healthy. Yeah they are missing some pieces but they are also 2-15 and just got blown out by the 2nd worst team in the league. 

If the Pistons were sitting at say 8-9 or even 7-10 while being competitive most games I could understand that sentiment but they are getting boat raced every game, guys like Bogey and Morris(if he ever comes back) aren't going to make some drastic difference.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I like JEIII saying the Pistons don't want to make any panic moves instead they want to see what they are like when they are healthy. Dude unless they have prime MJ hurt on the roster they aren't going to be anything but horrible even when they are healthy. Yeah they are missing some pieces but they are also 2-15 and just got blown out by the 2nd worst team in the league. 

If the Pistons were sitting at say 8-9 or even 7-10 while being competitive most games I could understand that sentiment but they are getting boat raced every game, guys like Bogey and Morris(if he ever comes back) aren't going to make some drastic difference.  

exactly.

they talk about them not having a 34 year old injured declining shooter who plays no defense and a career backup point guard is the difference between 2-15 and .500.

cade has not been luka.  nor is he luka lite.  that's the real worry for this team.  that wad their shot at a generational player and it looks like he's going to be a good all around guy who is more scottie than mj.

that's ok, but it resets expectations.

but that's the least of their worries.  the bigger issue is a dumbass owner and a GM who has had six first round picks and has used them to create one of worst teams in nba history.

Edited by buddha

monty was pissed at the press conference.  hard to blame him.

i know people have issues with monty, but this is a players league.  and he doesnt have any players.

as every other team realizes this is a perimeter league and gets shooters upon shooters, we draft centers, trade for centers, and sign centers only to waive them so we can sign other centers.

this is late stage dumars.

26 minutes ago, buddha said:

monty was pissed at the press conference.  hard to blame him.

i know people have issues with monty, but this is a players league.  and he doesnt have any players.

as every other team realizes this is a perimeter league and gets shooters upon shooters, we draft centers, trade for centers, and sign centers only to waive them so we can sign other centers.

this is late stage dumars.

Nothing wrong with a center......IF HE CAN SHOOT

:classic_wink:

What a pitiful franchise. I look at franchises like the Magic and Thunder that were down there with the Pistons just 2 years ago and see them as legit contenders now while the Pistons are even worse than 2 years ago and the Thunder and Magic are doing that without making any panicked win now moves by simply superior drafting and developing.

This might be one of the worst teams of all time that we're watching and I didn't think it was possible for them to be worse than last year yet.... here we are. They are so used to losing that they don't know how to play any other way. This is the downside to doing a full scale rebuild and this rebuild looks cooked already. Rough

The worst part of this is that this draft absolutely blows. Del or somebody, please tell me that there's somebody worthwhile to be excited about in this draft. Just humor me.

Edited by NYLion

1 hour ago, buddha said:

cade has not been luka.  nor is he luka lite.  that's the real worry for this team.  that wad their shot at a generational player and it looks like he's going to be a good all around guy who is more scottie than mj.

This, sadly. Impact players make an impact, no matter who is on the court with them. Cade's return has produced exactly nothing over what Ivey, Duren, Hayes, et al were doing without him.

28 minutes ago, NYLion said:

What a pitiful franchise. I look at franchises like the Magic and Thunder that were down there with the Pistons just 2 years ago and see them as legit contenders now while the Pistons are even worse than 2 years ago and the Thunder and Magic are doing that without making any panicked win now moves by simply superior drafting and developing.

This might be one of the worst teams of all time that we're watching and I didn't think it was possible for them to be worse than last year yet.... here we are. They are so used to losing that they don't know how to play any other way. This is the downside to doing a full scale rebuild and this rebuild looks cooked already. Rough

The worst part of this is that this draft absolutely blows. Del or somebody, please tell me that there's somebody worthwhile to be excited about in this draft. Just humor me.

if there was do you think weaver would draft him?

all the best prospects (and i use that term loosely) are bigs who cant shoot but are good/great athletes.  weaver will love this class.

i cant see how weaver will be the one making the picks next year.  even tom gores isnt that stoopid.  the franchise is becoming a national embarassment.  getting booed off the floor in a 1/3 filled arena will even make someone at platinum equity text tom at his coke filled party to do something.  i mean, people might come to think gores has no clue what he's doing.  what's next?  people mocking the gores banner?  we cant have that...

40 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Only watched Holland for the most part.  He looks bad IMO.  If he is what qualifies for a top pick in this draft I think we are in trouble.  

Washington will struggle to win 20 games this year.  They are truly an awful basketball team.  They just beat us on our court by 19 points.  I can't get over that.

What do you do with this mess?  I guess you play out the remainder of the season and hope things gel a bit more.

Here is the quarter of a billion dollar question.  Cade is extension eligible this summer.  What do you do with that?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Washington will struggle to win 20 games this year.  They are truly an awful basketball team.  They just beat us on our court by 19 points.  I can't get over that.

What do you do with this mess?  I guess you play out the remainder of the season and hope things gel a bit more.

Here is the quarter of a billion dollar question.  Cade is extension eligible this summer.  What do you do with that?

you have to extend him.  you have no choice.